Six || Weapons of Science

Start from the beginning

You then sat down, swinging your feet back and forth, and added his words with a truly evil smile, "But the civilization game is more interesting, don't you think? Like Minecraft!"

Although Taiju was initially puzzled, he believed that the two of you were aware of something that was definitely bad news.

"Understood. You don't have to explain it anymore. (Name), Senku, since that's what you said, it shouldn't be wrong. Something must've happened while I was gone." Taiju realized it with certainty.

You gave a firm nod, a smile still appear on your face.

Even Taiju questioned how you could put on such expression at this point.

He admired your calm demeanor. 

Sometimes, even Senku was also in wonder.

It is like what your grandfather used to tell you; Just because you see a smile, don't think you know what's going on underneath. A smile is a valuable tool. It inspires your friends, keeps your enemies guessing, and ensures that no matter what comes your way, you're the one in control.

When Senku was finished with the fluid, he handed it to Taiju so he could pour it over his lover. 

Meanwhile, when the others went to go to Yuzuriha's petrified body, you began packing bags and useful supplies. 

In addition, you damaged a number of objects and left the area disorganized so Tsukasa would think you all left in a hurry.

After you finished, you could hear Taiju and Senku argue briefly from a distance, something about applying the fluid more carefully.

But unlike Tsukasa's de-petrification situation, Yuzuriha does not react right away when the revival fluid splashes upon her.

Yuzuriha's statue remains unbroken.

"Wait, why is nothing happening?!" Taiju panicked hysterically, "Don't worry, Yuzuriha! It's fine... This is not fine! Is this fine, (Name)?! Senku?!"

You chuckled a little at his pointless response. 

Given that he passed this topic on one of his previous exams in school, he should already know about what's happening.

"The reaction is instantaneous. The petrification is much like cryostasis," Then, you started explaining casually, without any mistakes, "The stone shell acts as a protective coating made from trace metal in the body. An unknown process caused a phase shift and they took on the petrified state."

But you knew Taiju didn't get it. 

You could tell by the innocent tilt of his head.

"In short, just use the nitric acid solution to break the protective layer bit by bit. It will then cause an avalanche-like chain reaction to the entire body..." You described as you saw the petrified stone of Yuzuriha slowly start to crack in certain spots.

"Then, she'll be de-petrified."

Just in time, Yuzuriha, the greatest gossip friend you've ever had, managed to escape the petrification.

Like the three of you, she is now at last out of the darkness.

Taiju started sniffling right away, tears falling like streams down his cheeks. He quickly grasped her as she was about to tumble to the ground, still half sleeping.

Starring at the scene, you only chuckled, leaning to Senku. He simply appeared unfazed, crossing his arms, clearly fascinated by what he was watching.

"Yuzuriha... Please, open your eyes." Taiju cried so hard that his snot nearly burst out of his nose, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you wait 3.700 years. Forgive me..."