4) Slytherin Mornings and Secret Sortings

Start from the beginning

Zabini, with a mischievous glint in his eye, teased, "Planning to try out for the team, Potter?"

"Want to be a seeker," Albus announced confidently.

Zabini's eyes lit up. "A showdown with your brother, now that'd be a sight!"

"Yeah, I haven't thought about that part," Albus said. "What about you? Fancy a spot on the team?"

"Chaser for me," Zabini declared, puffing out his chest.

Nott laughed. "But can you keep up? Potter's got Quidditch in his blood, not sure about you," he said, sharing a smirk with Albus.

"Oi, watch it, Nott. I zip through the air with more grace than you could muster in your wildest dreams,"" Zabini shot back with a playful grin, knocking on the bathroom door again. "Hurry up, Malfoy, or we'll all be tardy!"

"Just a minute!" Scorpius called from inside.

Hawk, now fully awake and stretching, moaned about his interrupted sleep. "Could've done with more shut-eye. Goyle's snoring's like a troll in a drum!"

"Tell me about it. Sounds just like my brother. Drives me mad," Albus added with a grimace.

Nott glanced at the still-sleeping Goyle. "Should we give him a nudge?"

"Better had. We'll miss brekkie at this rate," Hawk replied, already heading toward Goyle's bed.

As Scorpius stepped out in his school robes, Nott seized his chance and darted into the bathroom.

"Oi! That was my turn!" Orion protested loudly.

From behind the closed door, Nott's voice rang out, cheeky and playful. "Better watch out Zabini, don't forget this is the serpent nest!" The sound of laughter echoed around the room.

Albus, in a whirl of movement, donned his school shirt and tie. He stood before a full-length mirror against the bare wall, adjusting his tie and smoothing his hair. Scorpius joined him, primping his own hair in the mirror.

Albus studied his reflection, the green and silver of Slytherin replacing the expected red and gold. The sight was odd yet fitting; his green eyes seemed to dance in harmony with the Slytherin colours.

Fully dressed, the boys hastened out, their footsteps resounding through the corridors as they aimed for the Great Hall to grab breakfast and their timetables. Goyle, trailing behind, had opted for a trip to the owlery over a much-needed shower.

"I'm sticking with you, Scorpius," Zabini announced, wrinkling his nose at Goyle's lingering smell. "Can't stomach that pong again."

"If he doesn't have a wash tonight, I'll force him," Scorpius assured, walking beside Albus.

Albus joked, "Hope my nose hairs don't shrivel up before Potions." His quip drew grins and giggles, especially when he added, "Bet the potions smell better than Goyle, anyway." Their laughter filled the corridor, with Nott's being the most raucous.

It dawned on Albus how well Scorpius was fitting in. He was relieved that the others didn't hold his Malfoy name against him. Albus too, despite being a Potter, was accepted. It seemed being in Slytherin was enough, and this made Albus see his house differently.

As they descended the grand staircase, Albus asked, "We're going the right way to the Great Hall, yeah?"

"Pretty sure. Father said the quickest route's via the great stairs, and it's not far from the dungeons," Scorpius replied.

"And it's near the kitchens too, right?" Hawk added from behind. "Heard it's next to Hufflepuff."

Approaching the Great Hall, the morning light streamed through the windows, casting a glow over the house point hourglasses.