4) Slytherin Mornings and Secret Sortings

In the dim, underwater light of early morning, the Slytherin dormitory came to life, its ambiance inspired by the serene depths of the Black Lake. Albus and Scorpius were the first to awaken, their movements breaking the stillness much like the first gentle rays of dawn pierce the night. The dorm's architecture, with its stone walls and arched ceilings, was bathed in a soft, greenish glow, filtering through the enchanted windows that offered a tranquil view of the lake's underwater world.

Fish of various sizes and colours glided past, casting fleeting shadows across the room and on the beds lined against the walls. The cool, damp air carried the fresh scent of the lake.

As Albus and Scorpius gathered their things, their quiet chatter and the rustling of clothes nudged Nott and Zabini awake.

With a quick snatch of his towel and wash kit, Albus darted towards the bathroom. The taps, shaped like elegant serpents, hissed to life with steaming water at a simple twist. Albus marvelled at the instant warmth, a rarity given their deep, dungeon location.

Enveloped in the misty warmth of the shower, Albus's mind wandered. He pondered over the urgent conversations he needed to have with Rose and James, aware that James wouldn't likely pen a letter to their parents until evening. However, he was uncertain if Rose had already reached out.

Either way, gotta hurry, he thought to himself.

Stepping back into the dorm in his Hogwarts trousers and a plain undershirt, Albus found himself amidst a whirl of morning activity. Zabini was rummaging through his trunk in a disorganized frenzy, scattering clothes like fallen leaves in autumn. Hawk, his hair tousled and eyes bleary, lay sprawled on his bed, idly flicking through a Mirrortok. Scorpius stood waiting for his turn to take a shower, meanwhile Goyle's thunderous snores played in the background.

The tranquil morning air was abruptly pierced by Nott's exasperated voice. "Oi, who's nicked my towel?" His frantic search through his belongings escalated.

Quick to defend himself, Zabini snapped back, "Don't pin it on me! This one's mine," his eyes shooting a keep-your-hands-to-yourself warning glare at Nott.

Albus, busying himself with straightening his bed, listened to their bickering but soon found his gaze drawn to the bright light seeping through the window, reflecting off the lake's surface.

"Isn't that your towel there, squashed behind the trunk?" Albus chimed in, pointing out the missing item.

Nott, sheepishly retrieving the squashed towel, muttered a begrudging thanks, which only earned a dismissive roll of the eyes from Zabini.

Hawk, gradually coming to life, chuckled while engrossed in a ReflectoReel on his Mirrortok. "Oi, look at this," he said sleepily, the glow from the screen lighting up his face. "Megan from Hufflepuff's turned her cat's fur to match her hair colours."

Nott peered over. "Blimey, that's bonkers," he said, eyes fixed on the display. "My brother's always banging on about these ReflectoReels. Stayed up half the night watching them, I did. They're proper addictive."

Zabini, watching with a touch of scorn, remarked, "No surprise you look like you've been on the wrong end of a Bludger. Too much screen time, not enough kip."

"My brother's the same, addicted to that thing. Guess it's good that they only work at Hogwarts."

Zabini then turned to Albus. "Ready for Quidditch, Potter?" He tapped on the bathroom door, urging Scorpius to speed up.

"Absolutely! Can't wait to find out when we start," Albus responded, tucking his clothes into his trunk.

"Should be soon, I reckon," Nott added.