(Deal or Dead)James Potter

This oneshot has been in my drafts sitting there, waiting for me to finish it since I joined the app. Funny how I'm just now finishing it. Well enjoy!

1977

I walked into the room I shared with Marlene, Alice, Mary, and Lily. Lily was sitting on her bed reading a book when I walked in. "Lily?" I called to get her attention. She looked up from her book and made a sound in acknowledgement. "Can I tell you a secret?" I asked her hesitantly.

Suddenly she stood up, closed the door, and turned around to face me. "Spill." She said. "I have a crush on someone." Lily started squealing. Really loud. "Who is it!?" She managed to get out.

"I don't think you'll like who it is," I replied. She won't like who it is if she knew. "Just rip the bandage off." She told me. I sighed and said, "It's James Potter." I told Lily. "Put the bandage back on." She said.

"What?" I asked her. "You heard what I said Y/n." She said in a scolding type tone. "He's not that bad Lily." I don't know what she was talking about. James has been nice to me since our second year. "He's a bully N/n."

Now I know what this is about. This was about when she was friends with Snape. I got on quite well with him until he called my sister a muggle-born. That obviously wasn't what he said but I don't want to say the actual word.

"He's been nice to us since the incident." I tried to reason with her. "I honestly do not care if you like him or not, just don't get hurt." She stated. "I won't," I replied and that was the end of it.

*******

I saw Black running up to me a few days after that with the rest of his little group with the exception of James. I think they were called something like the Merida's or the Dogger's something in that zone. All I know is that it's French.

"Evans!" He shouted. I turned to him. "What do you want, Black?" I asked him. "Do you like James?" He questioned. I freeze.

"What?"

"Sirius! Don't scare her off!" Lupin chastises him. He's the only one I can actually really stand at times.

"Well I'm trying to save Prongs's love life."

"You're not saving anything if you scare her off."

"Fine, I won't say anything too crazy."

"Thank you."

I admire Lupin's ability to make Black shut up. It's a miracle how he does it. It honestly makes me wonder if they're dating sometimes.

"What do you need, Black?" I asked impatiently.

Pettigrew sighs, "We wanted to know if you fancy Prongs because he clearly fancies you and he's annoying all three of us."

"What?" The word is out before I can even process anything. He likes me and I like him. He likes me back. He acually likes me.

"He fancies you. Do you like him back?" I don't bother to figure out who it is talking to me. I'm still in shock.

"Yes." I say.

Black claps his hands together and says, "Great now you two can grow old in a cottage together and have many babies."

Lupin hits him on the back of the head. "Don't listen to him, he's delusional."

"She's going to deal with us once her and James get married, it's fine, Moony.

*******

1981:

James, Harry, and I are in our basement together. James managed to snag our wands while running here. I can hear Voldemort upstairs. Harry is crying and James is trying hard to calm him down.

"Shh Harry. Shhh. It will be okay. Mama loves you. Dada loves you. Your aunties love you. Your uncles love you. We all love you Harry so much. Don't forget it." James kept repeating that over and over again to calm Harry.

BANG! A loud noise echoes in the basement. The door is still standing. Voldemort is out there. Peter sold us out. That fucking rat.

BANG! The noise echoes again. The door isn't standing. Voldemort is standing there with a wand in his hand.

"Move out of the way, boy. I want the child." Voldemort says. James hands Harry to me.

"Like hell I'll let you touch him." Yep. That's my husband who has enough balls to tell that to a dark wizard who could kill him in an instant and he does. There's a flash of green light and James is on the floor dead.

NO!" I scream out and Harry screams too. He's dead. The boy who I spent years hating and loving is dead and so young too. Only 21. I repeat the words James told Harry to him but he keeps screaming. Tears are streaming down my face at an alarming rate. Voldemort laughs.

"Move out the way, girl." I put Harry down in a crib we put down here just in case.

"No." I stand my ground. I hear footsteps up above.

"Move out of the way, silly girl. I don't want to kill you. I just want to kill the boy." He raises his wand.

"Don't you dare touch her or Harry you fucker!" Someone yells. Voldemort casts a jet of green light at me and I fall beside James. Harry's screams and Voldemort's cackles are the last thing I hear before slipping into the realm of death.

On to write another oneshot that I won't finish until a year and a half later yay! Seriously I keep forgetting about things in my drafts or the deep depths of my google docs wasting away. And while I'm writing about 7 different oneshots at the same time. I'll try to catch up on writing when I have a break in a couple of weeks. I'll see y'all next time on the next oneshot bye.