People soon filled the seats next to me. Some of them asked for pictures, wondering why I was watching the game. I told them that I found it more interesting than the men's game, and that I wanted to see my friends play. They accepted that answer and talked to me about a lot of other things, like which players I was friends with, and what I thought about Alexia. This time I answered them truthfully and told them I thought Alexia was one of the best players in the world and how when she played, she was almost unstoppable.

The game was even, with both teams creating chances. The first half ended with no goals scored and both teams walked into the tunnel with their heads hanging low. I smiled and talked with the girls next to me. They knew a lot about football, and I listened to their conversation, adding my input whenever possible. I knew they enjoyed it, and I enjoyed sharing this moment with them. In the future they might look back at this and be grateful for the small conversation we had.

It would have been better if security didn't have to sit right behind me, but I couldn't complain. They were always close by to protect me, and it was necessary for my own wellbeing. What if something happened and they weren't there?

Three minutes after halftime Italy scored a goal from a corner. Now Spain had a long way to go if they wanted to win this game.

Nineteen minutes later Alexia scored. A cross landed directly on her head and the ball soared into the net. I jumped up on my feet, screaming with the fans and cheering on Alexia and the entire Spanish football team. She smiled big as she ran back to her half, trying to make good use of the limited time.

Not that it worked. The game ended in a draw and Alexia made her way towards me. Along with Mapi and Aitana, who I had barely talked to before. "Next time I think you should wear my shirt" Mapi said with a smile. She ran the final few meters to make sure she was the first one to talk to me. "You still haven't given me your shirt, so it is difficult to do that" I joked with her as I was embraced by Alexia.

I laughed as she held me. Mapi joined in with our hug. I complained loudly about how sweaty they were, and they both hugged me tighter. Aitana was standing to the sign, watching the three of us hug. Silently I waved towards her, making sure that she knew I wanted her to join us, and she did. The three sweaty Spaniards laughed at how uncomfortable I was by them but did nothing to change it.

We talked about the game, and I praised the three of them for their performance today. Alexia was the only one who played the entire game, but that didn't mean the other two played badly.

I stayed and talked to them for as long as I could. They had to shower and speak with fans.

All I could do was to stay and wait, just like I usually did.

Alexia was the first one out of the showers and she showed me towards a car. There both of us got inside and made our way towards the restaurant Alexia had picked out.

It was a small pizzeria, filled with people. No one recognized us here and we could order our food undisturbed. I chose a pizza with mozzarella and fresh vegetables while Alexia opted for a pizza filled with all kinds of things, the most interesting one being rocket salad. It also had ham on it, which meant that I couldn't taste hers.

She did not order any alcohol and neither did I. We were both happy with our lemonades. Alexia said something about not drinking during the season and she explained how she only had one week where she could do whatever she wanted.

Our conversation continued all throughout dinner and after we were done Alexia insisted that we would take a short walk. She held my hand as we walked through the park that was close to the restaurant.

It was cold outside, and wearing only a t-shirt and a pair of shorts was not enough when the sun started to set.

"Here you go Odette" she said and took off her sweatshirt. "But you need to wear that, Alexia. You have played an entire game and are prone to infection now. I can't take your sweater" I answered, pushing it towards her. "I am actually feeling warm at the moment, so you can have it" she said. This time she put it on over my head. I knew she was lying about not being cold, but the warmth the sweater radiated was enough to not make me question it.