𝟐𝟎 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

Start from the beginning

He was in confusion, "Not.........himself you say?" leaning towards me, elbows on the table again immodestly. He scoffs dryly biting into his Ohagi, "I'd say he's been a total ass this whole time, so I'm not listening to you. Whoever fucking touches you........hurts you, I don't care if he's your brother, they'll answer to me. Masachika put that much on my shoulders, and I'll fulfil that wish....."

My eyes widen with my cheeks glowing red, surprised by this as he grumbles beneath his breath with more cursing.

Soon I couldn't help feel this warmth easing the tightness in my chest, before I begin to laugh softly in response. He turns in my direction surprise, "What? What the hell did I say?!"

Shaking my head, "It's nothing, just like how you get worked up all the time over minor things," dismissing his questions, lifting the tea to my lips. Sipping the tea, I felt the sweetness brighten my tastebuds more clearly.

"Tch," he glances away, with a scowl. "Shut up, let me speak what i want. Doesn't mean I care that much......!"

Rolling my eyes playfully, "Yes, Lord Sanemi, as you wish," glancing away as I sip my tea, enjoying the bitter sweet company I have. It was more than I could wish for, and even Masachika would be proud of him no matter the circumstances.

They were brothers, for life.

~*~

"This is where we part ways," turning to Sanemi, bowing to him. "Thanks for shouting for me today, it means alot....."

He looks away with a sheepish look, "It's fine, I get more earnings now I'm Hashira," he replies roughly, before glancing back to me. "By the way, where are you going exactly? It seems rather far from the Butterfly mansion...."

"I'm visiting an old teacher of mine," I reply; not being a secret of mine anyway. "He's......my--"

One thing Sanemi doesn't know about my past, was of the massacre that took place when I was only seven. It was years ago, like water under the bridge and left flowing out of my memory. Yet, it remained so vivid that the memory was a trauma, that would bring back haunting nightmares following behind. My regrets.

"Huh?"

".....he's just Ryuji and I's teacher," admitting somewhat the truth, not wanting to explain my story just yet. It would be too much to explain, but he seems rather nonchalant by my answer.

"Alright," he simply nods, with a shift of his haori in the light breeze. Turning around, "Just don't get, dumbass.......alright?"

Waving my hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah......I understanding," playfully rolling my eyes, a small smile curls upon my lips before making my way up the mountain.

~*~

"It's been a while my student,"

Akihiro knelt down, with some small snacks placing them on the verandah. Despite his old age, he had the energy of a child which doesn't surprise me very much. Taking a seat casually, I felt much comfortable knowing this isn't some formal reunion.

He lets out a deep exhale, "What's it been? About....two years?" he pours some tea, with his usually warm wise expression. "Geez, I swear time flies by when your nights become busier......demons have increased by at least a hundred...they just keep coming...." he rambles on, before pausing. "....sorry, just been a busy myself."

Arching my brow in curiosity, "Busy? You? Haven't you retired in the mountain, where you trained me?" with a small teasing smile. "It's a nice spot, away from the chaos around the Urban areas......"

"Well, you know me...." He chuckles, running his fingers through his salt n peppery hair. Scratching his stubble chin, "....I've been investigating, in one of the local rural towns. About your family....."