01 ₊˚.༄

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The sound of gunshots, the smell of blood, the sound of feuds, and bloodshed are the things I'm well acquainted with.

The sounds of heels clicking in the lobby, was when everyone knew to get their act together, because one wrong move and they're gone, once you step in the door everyone knows to lower their head and greet me, but today was different, it was the time for recruits.

Every year there's a special week, a week where I have no work and my only job is to go undercover as a receptionist, it's part of the recruiting process, the concept of it was simple, I just had to pretend to be the receptionist for a few months and study the recruits, I take this time to analyze their behavior, attitude and most importantly, their loyalty.

During this time every year, I have "hired" one special receptionist and that very special person is me of course, we wouldn't want anything to go wrong obviously so what better choice than doing it myself?

Of course, when I walked in no one greeted me, which was a good sign, I was unrecognizable, I headed to my desk and bent down under the counter to get some documents to get my work started, but right as I was looking around the drawer for them some idiotic recruit started continuously ringing the bell.

I quickly stood back up and asked "How can I help you sir" While quickly taking in their appearance trying to take in as much as I could know about the strange male, it was the classic work look, slicked-back hair a suit, and classical leather shoes, the tall male replied "Let Mr. L/N know that The Balladeer is here." he said in an all mighty tone while adjusting his jacket suit, and all I could do was blankly stare at him while sitting awkwardly adjusting back.

"recruits don't get to meet the boss." I wryly smiled while saying that,  I could see the once smug look on his face vanquish and a mad look appearing on his face, "I'm not just any recruit though, I'm THE BALLADEER do you know how much of an honor you have just been able to talk to me?" he almost shouted in my face, this asshole was starting to get on my nerves,  but all I can do is to remain calm and keep a straight face, "I already said recruits cant meet the boss, either go to the training room or shoo." I said paying no mind to him and started working on putting the recruits inside the database, right when I said that so-called Balladeer just walked away and made sure I knew he was very pissed off.

honestly, recruits are getting more and more narcissistic, I should probably work on recruiting well-known criminals instead, after a while of working on our database I got to the male I had just talked to, I guess his name was Scaramouche and his alias was The Balladeer I can describe the male as having a great ego making that his biggest weakness and one of his worst traits, whoever falls for him is a blind idiot.