Chapter 9: An Unexpected Ally

Start from the beginning

Satoru feels his heart shatter. The world feels dizzy.

Why would he want to do that!? Is he fucking stupid!?!?

Sukuna crosses his arms and stares him down cockily "So let's talk. Strongest sorcerer to strongest sorcerer."

Satoru nods, still not being able to take in what he just heard.

"Tell me, what exactly is your issue, Sorcerer? You're some piece of shit, right? Some crazy bastard? Don't get me wrong, I had known you been stalking the kid the entire time. I just didn't care enough to tell him."

Satoru seems caught a bit off guard by this at first, but after a few seconds he finally regains his composure and he answers back. "Y-yeah, that's right. I hate to admit it but if things got any worse, I might have abducted him and taken him far away where no one would ever find him so he could truly be mine. He is my target, and I will never back down from that."

Sukuna gives him a dirty look. "Yikes... But you have him as your... boyfriend now, right? Is that what you would have done if he rejected you?"

His jaw tightens and he feels a spike of anger within him at this comment. He wants desperately to snap back at this guy, but he also knows Yuji can see and hear it all and does not want to scare him any further.

"He's much more than my boyfriend. He's mine... he belongs to me and only me. Besides, it was him to proposed to be my boyfriend! He wanted it too!"

"Tch, it's extremely unsettling that you actually see something in this brat. Personally, I hate sharing this ugly mug. I used to be better looking when I was alive. But now I share this body with this pathetic excuse for a sorcerer." Sukuna yawns.

Satoru's eye twitches as he takes on step forward. "Did you just call him weak again!? Do you want to die!?"

Sukuna wags his finger. "Think again, Honored One! If you hit me, you're also hitting the brat, remember?"

Satoru takes a breath before calming himself down "Okay, you've got me there... that is true, if I were to attack you, that would mean that I am attacking him as well... however..."

Sukuna raises a brow, enjoying the buttons he is pushing on modern days strongest man in the world.

"However?"

"However, that doesn't mean you get away with disrespecting my boyfriend like that. Just because I'm forced to keep him alive, that doesn't mean I don't want to rip your head off right now."

Sukuna nods and closes his eyes. "Very well then. So, tell me how you feel. Take a deep breath and tell me how sorry you are for hurting him. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Oh, and by the way, just so you remember, he can see and hear everything that I can right now. So go ahead! Apologize! We're waiting~" Sukuna is relishing in making the man before him grovel at his feet.

"I- Um...." Satoru is hesitant, not wanting to admit just how much his actions have hurt his only love. He stares down at the ground before slowly looking back up at him, finally speaking again. "Y-Yes, I'm sorry."

"Tch, do a better job. Express your love with everything you got, and don't hold back. If your apology is not to my standards, I'll never let him out again."

The limitless user rolls his eyes with a slight growl, and he takes a deep breath before starting to speak again, this time, with a lot more emotion.

"Yuji, I am so sorry that for the entire time that I've been stalking you, I've acted nothing more than a complete maniac. I should've been more respectful, and I shouldn't have hurt you the way I did. What I did was completely unacceptable, and I can never fix what I've already done. After that I forced you to feel as if the only way you could be safe from me was to engage in a relationship. I threatened you, manipulated you, sheltered you, and... I hurt you. I know there is nothing I can do to make you love me again. However, I hope that maybe one day, you can forgive me."