Chapter 39 - Exposed Wire

I suddenly woke up after literally rolling out of my bed. The floor made a loud thud once I fell. You would think that'd I'd be used to waking up, changing, and walking out of my living room to my workplace after 3 weeks. Nah.

My phone read "8:36"

Sundrop and Moondrop have been really nice to hang out with. Sometimes they would tell me about some of the things we had done when I was a child. Guess I was pretty troublesome as Sun had told me about when I spent the night after lying to my mom saying that I had permission.

Yet they've both been acting a bit weird lately. Only started a few days ago, but I hope they get better. They haven't brought me back to their room since that first time.

Later in the day, I was staring at Sun... Before you say something, staring at a coworker is completely normal behavior. Right? Anyway...

I was staring at Sun when I realized there was something slightly sticking out of the bottom of his shirt. A pipe cleaner? No... I walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder and he spun around to face me.

"Oh hello Sunshine! Do you need something?" I nodded and pointed to the wire, "Hey Sunny, is that normal?" He looked down and a look of worry came across his face. "Oh dear! The procedure is for me to wait in my room until you have a chance to fix it... but I'll be alright! You need the help, don't you?"

I shook my head quickly, "Sun... Are you really trying to get out of normal procedure...? Who are you and what did you do with Sunny?" I joked.

He started to panic slightly, "I-It's me! I'm still Sunny! Just... I don't want to make you do all the work by yourself...!" I sighed and pushed him away, "Go. To your room. I'll see you after closing time."

Luckily for me, he didn't refuse any more, and left for his room. The rest of the right was a disaster. I didn't realize how much Sundrop really did help to keep them calm.

Kids were running around as if they were having a sugar rush x10. Breaking shit, screaming, etc. yet when it was naptime...

The lights turned off and all the kids suddenly stopped for about 5 seconds. As soon as they didn't see Moondrop anywhere, they started running again. I'm guessing that Moon heard them because he walked out onto the balcony.

He attached the wire into his back and jumped. Moon stopped falling in the middle of the air. "CHILDREN." He yelled.

Every single child in the room, including me, turned to stare at him. He landed onto the ground, "Children. Sleep. Now." They all ran to their sleeping spots, "Listen here. I'm not feeling well and you won't like it if I have to come back out here. Listen to Miss Y/N when you all wake up."

All the children nodded and tried to fall asleep. Moon turned his head to me. I chuckled nervously and whispered to him, "Thank you..." I swear I could see the smallest smile appear.

"Sun wanted to go down and help you but I told him I'd handle it. You don't have to thank me for doing my job." He turned to leave but I stopped him, "Don't forget, tell Sunny, repairs. Tonight." He nodded and left me alone with the kids.

I sat down in the office chair and put in my earbuds before setting my alarm for 10 minutes before the children would wake. Usually I'd talk to Moon but since I couldn't, I scrolled through TikTok for the rest of naptime.

To be continued in Chapter 40