Chapter 20 - The Device

Hello everyone! Before this chapter starts, I have to thank the few currently 27 people that have read this story. I know it isn't many at all, but it's been so much fun for me to write this already. Don't worry! I'm not saying this is the last chapter. Not even close! I'll keep writing and posting and I hope that more people will find my story and enjoy it! I'm just so happy that I have already made 20 chapters and there is so much more to come. But a little warning for this chapter, it's a long one! It also has a lot more drama to this chapter than the past ones has had. I really hope you enjoyed this series and enjoy the rest to come. Thanks for reading! - Star

Sundrop put Y/N down and they both laughed and cheered together. "When can you install it?!" Sun asked excitedly. Y/N laughed, "Tonight when Moony is out!"

Sundrop's smile slowly faded, "He has to be... Out...?" Y/N nodded, "Yeah! But you shouldn't be worried! Moon hasn't ever hurt me before!" Sun chuckled nervously, "Yes but... When it comes to Moondrop, the smallest pull of the wrong wire can set him off. And what if the device doesn't work and instead grows the virus and you can't remove it in time b-before he—"

Sun was ranting at this point so Y/N cut him off, "I'll be careful, I promise!" Sundrop shook his head. "Can I still see him tonight? I just won't use the device!" Y/N put her hands together "Pleaseeee!!"

Sundrop hesitated, "F-Fine... But if you try that device a-and he kills you! I-I—" Y/N hugged him to calm him down. Sunny hugged her back. "It'll be okay. Nothing will go wrong." Sun nodded.

Time skip - 7 hours - 6:00

The last child left earlier than usual. That was okay with Y/N, more time to spend with Moon. As soon as Sundrop turned away from the leaving child, Y/N ran up to him, "Can I turn off the lights now?"

Sun sighed, "Promise me that you won't use the device on Moon." Y/N nodded, "Don't worry Sunny! I promise..." Sundrop smiled, "Good. You can turn off the lights now." Y/N ran over to the light switch. She flicked it and the lights turned off in rows like normal. Little did Sun know that Y/N had her fingers crossed behind her back as she made that promise.

When Y/N turned back to where Sundrop was last standing, there was no one there. She looked around but there was no one to be found. Y/N cautiously walked towards the middle of the room in the dark. "Moon?" She called out.

Suddenly, Y/N tripped on a misplaced toy. Moondrop caught her right before she fell. He placed her back on the floor, "What are you doing running around in the dark?!"

Y/N hugged Moon before she did anything else, "Moony!!" Moondrop smiled nervously, "What do you want? I heard you had the surprise." Y/N let go and smiled brightly, "Yeah! Sit down and close your eyes!"

Moondrop sat down and put his hands over his eyes. Y/N giggled and grabbed the device. She ran behind Moon and opened the panel on the back of his head. "Y/N... Why does this surprise require opening that...?"

Y/N giggled more slowly pulled a wire out, one of the two that needed to be connected. Moondrop tried moving and yet he couldn't, "Y/N, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DID YOU—"

Y/N slowly plugged the wire into the device and Moon stopped talking. "Moon?" She moved to look at his face. She removed his hands from his face and saw a creepy grin.

She took a step back and Moondrop stood up, "Moon...?" Moon chuckled, "Naughty girl... Naughty girl..." Y/N backed away slowly, "Moon... Are you alright...?" Moondrop grabbed Y/N's wrist and laughed, "Naughty..."

Y/N quickly pulled her hand away. She looked around for the easiest way to escape. Y/N ran as fast as she could towards the jungle gym.

A wire came down from the ceiling and hooked into Moondrop's back. Moon lifted into the air and disappeared from Y/N's sight.

Y/N's heart raced and she began breathing heavily. What had she done? Y/N slowly crawled through the jungle gym, now thinking of a plan.

To be continued in Chapter 21

By the way, I currently have a fever so it might be a little bit before the next chapter comes out so have fun with this cliffhanger for now!