“He’s as useless as ever.”

***

The brothers arrive back in the kingdom and are presently eating in the dining room. For the past few minutes, a thought has been plastered into the mind, which Kieran blurts out, not being able to keep it in anymore, his impatience coming into play as always.

“Does anyone not want to talk about it?”

“Brother, not now.”

Kieran scoffs, turning his head away for a second. “We are all thinking of it, aren’t we? When last has anyone seen our little thing?”

Then, Kyle chimes into the conversation, having an apple in his mouth, so his tone is lightly muffled. “I have asked the slaves around. They see her around. She’s obviously still healing from all the punishments, of course. As it is known, she’s a weak being after all.”

“I wonder what might happen one day when we push her to the very brink. Would her witch side come out? Finally, come to play some games.” Kieran is saying, his tone hissing with fury. “What’s the motive behind our keeping her now? She’s growing on us each day, grasping more of our attention than we do for her. She affects us, yet we fake as though she doesn’t. Mother has warned us of these witches; no matter what, even when they claimed not to have unlocked her powers, we must find out how to harness her powers for ourselves, or rather, just do what Alaric wanted to.”

Even when Kieran has suggested his opinion, he doesn’t want to act on it. He doesn’t want Kaya dead as much as his brothers. They have grown fond of her. In their senses, she has grown to become an addiction that they thought was from a place of want; until now, it seems they’ve grown attached to her.

“That is wrong. She isn’t affecting us. It is us who are unstable. We own everything, not the other way around. We don’t get addicted or obsessed. We are only fond of the girl lately, not the other way around. That is all.” When Kade rejects, in his thoughts, those who were open to his brothers, he knew he was fooling himself and them.

“Well, in the midst of these, I have called our sex slaves for some performance. You should probably try putting your dick into another cunt; maybe you’d then see things differently, Kieran.” Speaks Kyle with a grin on his face.

“Have you achieved that for yourself?”

“Well, we’ve been busy, so there’s no way I could fuck another bitch.” Kyle retorts, which only makes Kieran smile as he shakes his head.

The door creaks open to welcome into the room, Clara, Lyra, and Alana. The three of them sway their way to the brothers, Clara going for Kyle and instantly kissing his neck as soon as she sits on his thighs.

Lyra goes to Kade. She crawls beneath the table, then shows out her hand from under, shifting the sheets to the back of her neck. With her eyes locked to Kade’s face, she carefully unbuttons his trousers before she begins untying the knot to his zip.

Then, to Kieran, Alana caresses his body, her breathing having thickened and releasing a soft moan into Kieran’s ears.

The brothers try to contain themselves in the action, but their minds are elsewhere, which causes Kieran’s nails to turn into claws, and he scratches the table.

“Leave.” He whispers, rejecting Alana’s touch. Her body on his is an irritation that he feels, just like his brothers. “I said stop and leave now, or else you’d have your heads on the platter!”

His exclamation got the girls panicking and hurrying away to the end of the dining table.

“What have we done, sire, to deserve this treatment?” Alana blubbers with annoyance within her, but her fear of the brothers clusters that.

On Kieran turning his head towards the girls, they run away from the room, scrambling off. Kieran stands up and growls within the space, “everyone leave!”

In the instance where the room is silent, he goes to the other side of the table and slams his hand onto the table before he scratches off part of the wooden material, destroying its beauty.

“Does anyone want to explain what just happened?” His word is rhetoric, so he adds, “that is us already being affected by that witch. How much longer could we hide her affection for our curses? Or that she makes our hearts come alive unlike anyone we’ve ever fucked.” He speaks between gritted teeth.

“Well, we aren’t letting that secret out. We should spy on Kaya and watch her every movement; perhaps then we could find out something.”

“That is pointless. Even the greatest physician we could lay our hands on couldn’t find anything out...”

“Courtesy of you, you have killed him.” Kyle spews in, his eyes checking Kieran from their corners.

“It was all pointless, as it is now!” Kieran growls again, his canine having grown slightly, almost to a fang.

“There’s no other way.”

The brothers annoyance is increased even more because of their confusion. They’ve never been good with having to solve a puzzle when they could always control the lucidity to be revealed. Kade, on the other hand, settles into his calculative mind, aspiring for a reason.

There’s something about Kaya, even though she’s got no powers, that they can’t help, and it’s destroying them. It’s the effect of the mate bond, but they wouldn’t believe that now, would they?

No, their ego blinds them.