Chapter 18: Christmas

"We'd be in Herbology right now if we still had classes." Sirius points out, watching the clock.

Things were very boring at Hogwarts but it's also been peaceful. Well as peaceful as it can get with Sirius around.

"Actually we'd be in lunch." I correct him.

He makes a hard thinking face and starts counting on his fingers, "Oh yeah..." He says in a state of realization.

He then groans and falls back into his bed. "I'm so awfully bored." He complains as if he hasn't been saying this since the beginning of break.

"Read." I shake my book up in the air, grabbing his attention.

"Read!" He mocks me holding up a quidditch magazine.

I ignore his remarks and get back into my book. Yet Sirius is not one to give up. He walks over and grabs the book right out of my hand.

"Sirius, i'm not in the mood." I cross my arms at him as if I was his mother about to ground him.

"Come on, let's get some fresh air." He pleads.

I found it hard to say no to Sirius, no matter the task it felt like a necessity to give him whatever he wanted.

"Alright fine." I get out of my blanket stack. It was very cold so I bundled up before leaving.

We walked around outside but it was basically freezing so it wasn't very enjoyable. Well actually Sirius seemed to be very happy.

He walked with a bit of a bounce in his step.

"Wanna practice some quidditch?" Sirius asks, "You haven't played in a bit."

I agree so we go to the quidditch field. I wouldn't call what we did a practice. We mostly just messed around, chasing each other on our brooms.

"You'll never catch up!" I yell soaring in the sky, the cold wind engulfing my body.

"OH you'll see." I could hear Sirius faintly in the back.

All of a sudden he came up behind me crashing right into where I was flying. Luckily we were very low to the ground making the fall not hurt at all.

We both plop onto the floor in a fit of hysterical laughter.

"I told you," Sirius gets out catching his breath "I'd catch up."

"Indeed you did." I turn to my side now facing Sirius as does he.

"You have an eyelash on your face." He brings his hand towards my face placing his thumb on my cheek.

He wasn't looking into my eyes but I was most certainly looking into his. They were so sweet.

He brushed the eyelash off my face and had it on his thumb. He closed his eyes for a second then blew it into the wind. "Good luck, those are."

"What did you wish for?" I ask curiously.

"It has to remain secret y/n or it might not come true." He explains, turning on his back again. So I could not see his face.

We stay in a silence for a second. It wasn't it awkward but it also was not, not awkward. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to speak or if he was enjoying the silence.

"I like the way you look under the stars." He finally speaks up after a moment, "You look pretty."

I knew when Sirius was flirting merely over the fact that he was Sirius Black and he could flirt with anyone because of that, but this was not one of those times.

Sirius was being genuine and I didn't know how to take it.

"Shut up, you are just saying that." I say trying to be not weird, a small forced laugh coming up my throat hoping to relieve some tension.

I saw Sirius's body take in a deep breathe and cold wind passing over us making me shiver.

"It's cold we should go back, I can't have you sick." Sirius smiled warmly.

"Yeah let's go."

"GET UP GET UP."

I never needed an alarm clock. I had Sirius Black to wake me up.

"Y/N ITS CHRISTMAS! GET UP." He grabbed my blanket and pulled it off of me, revealing the cold air.

"Sirius I-"

"NOO GET UP." Sirius wouldn't even let me speak.

I mentally groan before getting out of my bed. I grab the blanket from Sirius who was smiling very widely. I wrapped the blanket around my self then followed Sirius out the door.

We walked to the Christmas tree, there were a few other students but almost everyone had gone home.

I finally start to feel excited as I see my huge stack of presents stack up.

I look over to Sirius who only had 4 gifts. He had a sad smile but nonetheless seemed grateful. One of his gifts were from me, the others from Lily and Marlene. I wasn't sure who the card was from.

I start to unwrap my gifts. I had gotten a various assortment of chocolates, jewelry, and a lot of books. I had opened all my gifts but I noticed I didn't get one from Sirius. It's okay though, I wasn't upset. I was just under the impression we'd get things for each other, a little embarrassed now that I had gotten him something.

"Thank you so much." Sirius grabs my waist pulling me towards him. It was sudden but I returned the gesture.

"I wasn't sure what you'd like so I just bought everything." I laugh.

I had gotten him a very random selection of items. Weird hair products I knew he liked, Cigarettes charmed to not be bad for you, many pranks, and his favorite candies.

He released me from the hug but his left has still remained on my waist. The other hand grabbed a letter.

"Look."

I grab the letter from him and read it,

To Padfoot,

I know the boys said not to get anything but I didn't want you to be sad. So here's a pie that I made. Happy Christmas!!
From, wormtail

Sirius holds up the pie. It didn't look very appetizing.

"I think we could find better food in the great hall." I say further examining it.

Sirius didn't care how bad it looked, he opened it out of the container and, with his finger, took a taste.

Although you could tell that Sirius hated it, he did eat the whole thing.

"Hey there's one more Christmas surprise for you!" Sirius says after devouring the pie.

"Is that so?" I raise my eyebrow in question.

He nods his head very eagerly.

"You gotta come back to the dorm with me though." He smirks widely.

"Sirius Black!" I grab my book, hitting him with it.

"It's not what you think!" He says laughing as I attempt to hit him. He grabs my wrists making me stop attacking him.

"Just come on."

I reluctantly go with him. We walk to our room and right as I walked in he was there.

"NIBBLE!" I run to the black cat who had grown slightly from our last visit.

"I know you said you couldn't take care of him but i'd help and-" I cut him off by hugging him tightly. Nibble still in my arms.

"Thank you."

Nibble had climbed out of my arms and now sitting on Sirius's shoulder.

"We should've named him parrot." he jokes making both of us laugh.