chapter 7 : Choices

It was the weekend so I was in my bed studying for an upcoming quiz for divinations. All of the stuff we were learning was stupid.

I move my attention from my book to the door opening to Sirius walking in, looking very sweaty and tired.

"How was quidditch practice?" I ask focusing back to my book.

"It was okay" Sirius shortly replies, "I wanted to ask you something though"

I look up to him with a questioning face. "Well there's a beginning of season banquet for all of the team" Sirius explains "And we all are required to have a date for it."

"So you want me to go with you?" I ask "I'm not sure i'm much of a banquet type girl."

"Please y/n, I don't know what other girl to ask and it'll be fun. James will be there too." Sirius says smiling.

James will be there too, with his own plus one.

"Okay fine i'll accompany you but it's not anything romantic. I only see you as my loser roommate" I joke.

"And I see you as my annoying roommate, Thank you."

Sirius walks into our bathroom turning on the shower while I think about the upcoming dinner party. It was a little surprising to think that sirius asked me when any lovely girl would want to be in my place.

I shrugged it off going back to my book taking notes slowly but surely.

——:——

"Hey y/n, what'd you want to talk about?" Lily says after I had asked her to take a walk.

"Well I was wondering if you were going to the quidditch banquet thingy, I'm sure a team member had to have asked you." I explain.

In all honesty I was curious to see if she was going with James. Although it'd also just be nice to know what other people would be attending.

"oh yes I will be there! Are you going as well?" She replies all excited.

"I am going, Sirius has asked me to be his plus one. Who asked you?" I investigate.

"Well James asked me"

I freeze for a moment.

"But I said no of course I would never want to be seen with someone as dim witted as he is. In fact im going with another teammate who is much more of a gentleman"

She continued to rant about James and how he is just horrible but I couldn't see him in that light. Well actually all I could think about was him asking her.

"How could you be so ungrateful?" I say not even thinking, I quickly move my hands to my mouth."I'm sorry I didn't mean that it's just-".

"Oh you do not need to explain yourself l/n, I understand" Lily huffs and scurries away.

Man why did I say that. It was kind of true though. She had a man that cared for her regardless of anything else and she just kept saying such rude things, I couldn't not say anything.

James is my friend before Lily is.

"Y/n!!" I hear faintly behind me, I turn around to see the man himself far away running his way to me.

Me and James haven't spoken much since the hogsmeade hangout so right now I just needed to stay calm and not be awkward.

"Hello y/n" James says in between breathes tired from running.

"HELLO FRIEND!" I say loudly... so much for not being awkward.

"Hi" He laughs at my foolishness, "listen there's this banquet and-"

what.. was he about to ask me?

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with me as my date."

My first instinct was to start jumping in the air and screaming yes! I would love to go with you but instead I just kinda stood there like a tree not really sure what to say.

He asked Lily first, and on top of that I had already told Sirius I would accompany him.

"I'll give you some time to think about it. Just let me know as soon as possible" He adds after a silence.

"I'll be thinking!!" I spit out making him laugh at me again before walking away relieving the awkwardness.

Why am I like this?

I stood in thought, what was I going to do? Of course I want to go with James but does he even want to go with me!? I mean I was his second option. And on the other hand Sirius's instinct was to take me to the banquet and I had already agreed.

I wouldn't want to betray him.

Well maybe i'll just talk to Sirius about it i'm sure he wouldn't mind. It's not like he couldn't just find another date.

Plus if he really doesn't want me to go with James then I won't.

It'll all work out just fine.

OMGGGGGG I HAVENT UPDATED IN YRSSSSSS BUT IM HIGHKEY SO BORED SO UHHMM HERE IG?