Chapter 10: The Land of Waves

Începe de la început

Right next to him stood Kisame Hoshigaki, the Tailess Tailed Beast and one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. On his back rested Samehada, covered in wrapping of some kind.

Next to him stood the final member of the Akatsuki there, Kakuzu, his face covered in a hood and tendrils spilling out here and there.

Next to him stood Zabuza Momochi, another member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist and one of the ones acting against his Kage. Over his back was his massive sword, Kubikiribocho, and his face was covered in bandages.

Finally, standing right by his side was a woman, Haku Yuki, hidden by a mask that covered her face. Her long dark hair fell to the midsection of her back.

These five stood before Gato in all of his old fat glory. It took up quite a lot of money, and courage, to summon these five before him. But it was so easy considering the bounty on Naruto's head already.

Gato took a deep breath and, finally, spoke up, "I've come to bargain..."

...

I scanned our surroundings with my eyes closed and my hands on the back of my head as we walked out of the village. We're finally out of the village! Oh, I'm so excited! I thought in my head.

I frowned as I caught something move within my vision up ahead a few miles ahead. I opened my eyes and lowered my arms. "Kakashi-sensei." I warned.

He nodded his head. Hinata activated her Byakugan and glanced back at me and nodded.

Sasuke looked between us and we shared a look.

Seems I'm sitting out on this one then. These two are around jonin level in terms of capability, so I can rest easy. I thought.

I sighed. This is kinda boring, honestly. I was looking forward to some action. "Sasuke, you dropped your pocket." I said.

He looked down and I pointed my finger at him, "Dumbass~! You fell for it, ha ha!"

Sasuke turned to me with a glare, "You little shit! I'll beat your ass after this mission!"

"You can try~! But you'll be lucky if you can reach my hair follicles!"

Sasuke spun a kick on me and dodged it, "Weave." I said, pissing off Sasuke as he threw more punches and kicks, all of which I had dodged, and each time I did, "Weave, weave, weave, weave. C'mon Sasugay! Try a little harder!"

"Quit fucking moving then!" Sasuke growled at me as I stuck my tongue out and wiggled my fingers around,

"Make me! You're just too slow, mwahahaha!"

Kakashi sighed at our antics with a small smile on his face as Hinata watched with a grin, ready to hop in on the fun.

I blinked and caught one of Sasuke's fists as a serious expression crossed my face. Sasuke, realizing fun time was over, looked over where I was looking, same as Hinata.

I sighed as I looked at the puddle of water on the ground. "Hinata, you mind clearing up the air a bit?" I suggested.

Hinata nodded and stepped forward. Her hands lit ablaze with blue flames as her Byakugan activated, "You done hiding?" She taunted before smashing her fist into the water as two chunin revealed themselves, leaping back.

Hinata got into her own taijutsu stance as they rushed towards her, "Just hand over the bridge builder and we'll spare your friends!"

Hinata sighed as a tick mark formed on her forehead. Her voice came out tight and constricted, one barely holding in the boiling anger inside her, "Did you just threaten my beloved's life?" She questioned.