Part one

This is a slight modification of my another ff, I could have written a single ff on abhira and another male lead as I did with sai. Abhira reminds me so much of sai but the difference is unlike virat I understand armaan. Armaan's behaviour comes because he always has been only giving things for little love. Maybe in future when I feel armaan is irredeemable I will write a solo abhira ff but for now it's abhimaan for me.

Madhav stood in his place scanning the hall and checking if the security arrangements were proper for the place. He was in charge of the security for one of the most prestigious functions held in India called the young achievement awards where young achievers from the different fields are being awarded for their work in the society. Many influential people would be attending the function so he was made in charge of the security. The poddar family had come early and occupied the front seats, it was amusing how his family which forbids women from having their own career being part of such function and showing off that they support equality. Their conservativeness and narowness suffocated both his daughter in law and his son that they walked out of the house two years ago after a huge fight but sadly armaan and abhira's departure changed nothing in their life except abhira being cursed daily in the house. Poddar family learnt nothing they still acted indifferent towards their faults and continued living their life. Madhav watched on as charu was forcefully married off, krish was forced to study law. Every time he hoped his mother, the great kaveri poddar would change and each time he met with disappointment. If he was being truthful, it was not only his family's fault that armaan and abhira had walked out of the marriage he was equally responsible. He never took a proper stand for his son and daughter in law when needed. He will never forgive himself for the way he left armaan alone in his childhood because of the guilt he felt of remarrying which lead armaan to believe that he needs to earn acceptance and love from the family. Maybe if he was here for his son, armaan could have turned out different, maybe he could have learned to act selfish than acting like his dadisa's slave. Whatever his family thought of abhira, Madhav will always be grateful for her, abhira had entered armaan's life and brought changes in it. Armaan had started to genuinely be happy, he had started acting little selfish, he started to value himself and for first time he saw his son not feeling burden of doing anything to earn acceptance, abhira accepted armaan without any conditions. She taught armaan to love unconditionally. This change in armaan did not go well with his family. Armaan was taunted at every step when he did something for himself and abhira. If armaan attended an international lawyer conference as an individual, he was mocked telling he forgot about the poddar firm which gave him identity and god forbid if armaan decides to take his wife for dinner one night, a trial was held in the house. This kept going on for a long time still one day the limit was crossed. Abhira was harmed by Yuvraj in presence of the family members and none moved forward to help her, madhav wasn't at home that day. Armaan's patience broke down. He understood the extent of selfishness of his family and decided to end all the realtionships with them. He left after bashing them and snapping at them rudely with abhira. The poddar family for first time witnessed armaan's anger looked down in shock as he left them with a reality check.
" Never seen such selfish people in my life, I hate you all" armaan snapped at his family angrily.
" Armaan please, there was no fault of the family it was abhira who was at fault. You should understand " Roohi foolishly defended the poddars.
" Just shut up " Armaan growled at roohi who flinched at his tone.
" Yes abhira is at fault, you know where she is at fault I will tell you. She is at fault that she cared for this selfish family, she is at fault she decided to fight for my cousin's freedom to puruse their dreams, she is at fault for consoling my step mother when she was not eating food, she is at fault for taking stand for kajal phupi. She is at fault for caring for each and every member of this family who did not even take a step to protect her when she needed the most"
Armaan's eyes watered for the betrayal abhira faced by his family. Madhav hung his head ashamedly seeing his son looking so defeated.
" She is fine now, nothing happened to her" roohi says, " everything will be fine "
" What will you take to just shut your mouth mrs roohi rohit poddar " armaan shouts at her making roohi teary eyed.
" Armaan how dare you speak in such tone towards roohi, apologize now " dadisa ordered armaan.
" No" armaan refused," I will not "
" I had enough and I have done enough. From childhood I have done everything for this family even though I knew that I would always be the second choice for you people, I have sacrificed my career dreams and my ambitions to gain this families acceptance but not abhira. I will not endanger abhira's life. My wife will not be one of the things I am ready to sacrifice. Me and abhira are leaving this house tommorrow morning. I am breaking all the realtionships with this family from now on " Armaan's firm voice shook the family.
" Prepare the papers phuphasa I will sign it , I don't need one ounce of money or property from you people " armaan says and storms away.
No one says anything thinking armaan will calm down at the morning. No one was ready to take him seriously until they witnessed next morning armaan and abhira moving towards the hall with their suitcases packed.
" Armaan apni maa ko chod ke kaise ja sakte woh " vidya asks him, madhav knew she was not faking it. His second wife did love armaan but not more than rohit but her love wasn't fake.
" My mother died in my childhood only "
Vidya cried hearing her step son's words. Did she lose armaan also now.
" Before leaving I need to give you something dadisa" armaan says and lifts up the toffee box where he collected all the toffees kaveri had given him from the childhood.
" Take " armaan handover the toffee box to kaveri who looks in disbelief not only she everyone looks in disbelief. She could not hold the toffee box and it breaks down. Armaan acts indifferent as if he doesn't care anymore whatever happens with his once most precious treasure.
" Chalo abhira " he says, abhira holds his hands and they walk away from the poddar mansion.
Vidya pleads madhav to stop armaan, roohi cries asking armaan to stop and blames abhira. The cousins try their best but armaan doesn't stop nor abhira says a word. Madhav did not try to stop them because he understood that armaan and abhira are doing correct. They have been taken granted by this family for a long time especially armaan. He looks at his mother who is starting down at the broken toffee box and he sees hurt flicker in her eyes realising that she had lost a grandson who thought her as his world. For the first time the kaveri poddar felt the feeling of loss.