Chapter 1 - In the Web of Lies

In the dimly lit chamber, fraught with tension, Crown Prince Wyatt confronted Beth, the woman he had once married out of immense love. Their union had defied the conventions of royalty, as Beth was a commoner. The ruling decree prohibiting a royal marriage to a non-royal, however, did not deter their love. Wyatt's uncle, now the king, disapproved of this union and harbored resentment.

Fuelled by his discontent, the king sought to frame Beth and poison Wyatt's mind against her. In a devious plot, he painted Beth as an opportunistic woman attempting to entice him, insinuating that she was using her position as Wyatt's wife to gain influence.

Despite the allegations, Wyatt steadfastly believed in Beth's innocence. To test her loyalty, he devised a scheme. One day, in Wyatt's absence, the king staged a compromising scenario in their bedroom. When Wyatt returned, he walked into a scene that shattered his trust - or so it seemed.

Convinced that Beth was attempting to seduce his uncle, Wyatt's heart was torn apart. His anger boiled as he accused her of betrayal. The king, pretending concern for Wyatt's well-being, acted as if he stumbled upon an inappropriate situation between Beth and himself.

Blinded by rage, Wyatt demanded privacy with Beth, where he unleashed his fury. Accusations and harsh words flew, leaving Beth trembling with fear. She vehemently denied the accusations, tears falling unnoticed in Wyatt's blinded eyes.

**Beth:** My lord, please understand, it's not what it seems. I would never betray you.

**Wyatt:** Spare me your lies! I saw you in that compromising position. Is this what our love has come to?

**Beth:** My lord, I beg you to believe me. It's a plot against us. I would never do anything to hurt you.

**Wyatt:** (angrily) Plot or not, I can't believe you'd stoop so low. What were you thinking?

**Beth:** I love you, my lord. I've always been devoted to you. This is a setup.

**Wyatt:** Devotion? Is this how you show it? With deceit and betrayal?

Blinded by his anger, Wyatt dismissed her pleas, even denying her the dignity of using his name. In the dimly lit chamber, the air thick with tension, Wyatt, blinded by anger and betrayal, advanced towards Beth on the bed, forcefully undressing the leftover cloths on her body, using their intimate connection as a weapon to hurt her. Beth, in a desperate attempt to halt his actions, pleaded with him.

**Beth:** What are you doing, my lord? Please, listen to me.

But Wyatt, consumed by rage, remained unyielding.

**Wyatt:** Why, Beth? I am your husband. It's my right to touch you. Can't you stand your husband touching you? You can't be a wife to him but a whore to his uncle?

His cutting words penetrated Beth's soul, leaving her speechless, tears streaming down her face, unnoticed in the dim room.

**Beth:** My lord, please, this is not what it seems. It's all a deceitful plot. My lord, please believe me. I love you, and I would never betray you.

**Wyatt:** (angrily) Love? Is this how you express it? By calling my uncle at out bedroom in late night?

**Beth:** It's not true at all! I did nothing! I am devoted to you, my lord. This is a setup; I would never willingly hurt you.

**Wyatt:** Devotion? Is that what you call it? (sarcastically) Tell me, Beth, how does he touch you? I'll follow suit to please you, so you won't have to be his whore again.

As Wyatt's words hissed through the room, they not only reflected the bitterness of his anger but also intensified the depth of the wounds inflicted on Beth's shattered heart. The atmosphere was heavy with sorrow, betrayal, and the irreversible damage to their once-unbreakable bond.

The night that followed was not one of love but a twisted revenge for Wyatt, a triumph for the king in his deceitful plotting, and a cruel tearing of the soul for innocent Beth. As Wyatt hissed words of betrayal and compliance, the fabric of their relationship was irreversibly damaged.

Wife of a Crown PrinceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara