Chapter 1 - The incident

Wanda was in school, and everything was going smoothly. Then she got triggered by something, and got scared. Being a foster child since a young age, she didn't understand what was going on. She walked out of the classroom, and sat in the hallway. She was trying not to react, as Steve, her dad had been teaching her. But she was so triggered, she wouldn't calm down. The school had to call Steve to come help, when he got there she was in the office. "Daddy I tried to ignore it," she cried, Steve knew that she had been recently trying to ignore triggers and calm herself down. Steve ended up taking her home, and when they arrived Rhodey, who knew about Wanda, and her past, was waiting at the house. Steve explained what had happened, and Rhodey decided unless the school intervened to let it slide. The next day Steve called her out of school, and decided to take her to the therapist. When they got there Steve was shocked she actually opened up about it. At home Steve told Wanda, "I asked Auntie Nat to come over," Wanda got excited, and hugged Steve. When Nat arrived, Wanda was so excited she forgot about the incident. Then the school called Steve saying that she had threatened another student. Steve hung up, and went to talk with Wanda, Wanda knew by his face the school told him what had happened. After a long talk Wanda revealed that he was bullying her, and asked to homeschool. Steve said yes, and ordered a curriculum and found a group. When she had been accepted into the group, he told Wanda who was beyond excited. Then during dinner she wasn't thinking and accidentally said something that Steve had said wasn't nice to say. Steve knew she wasn't paying attention, and said, "Wanda you need to pay attention to what you say okay?" "Yes daddy," Wanda answered, then she finished eating, and went upstairs to get ready for bed. During the night, Wanda had a nightmare of the traumatizing incident, and woke up. Steve was passing her room, and saw her awake. "What's wrong," "I had a nightmare," Steve brought her into his room, and allowed her to sleep in the bed. The next morning, Steve woke up before Wanda, he looked at his phone and saw a email from the school. It said that there was a surprise field trip that day, and the teacher was wondering if Wanda was coming. Steve replied no, and decided to let Wanda sleep in. When Wanda woke up, Steve was downstairs. She went downstairs, and saw Steve there with someone else. Steve saw her, and spoke, " Nat this is Wanda," Wanda said, "hi Nat - daddy am I going to school today?" "No," Steve replied, "they have a field trip to a place that you'll get triggered by so I told your teacher you weren't coming." Wanda nodded, and went to get dressed, she wore jeans, a red t-shirt, socks and sneakers. Downstairs Steve tells her, we're going to meet the others," Wanda gets nervous. Steve calms her down, and takes her to the compound. When they arrive the others are waiting, Steve leads Wanda inside, and introduces her to the others. "This is my 10 year old daughter Wanda," Wanda Maximoff hears, and perks up. Wanda Rogers, sees and smiles, then they introduce themselves to her. After introductions are made, both Wanda's go upstairs and Wanda M shows Wanda R her bedroom. Downstairs Steve is talking to the team, and Wanda R says, "I have severe emotional issues."