⚔️ R1 - Fantasy/Adventure/Action⚔️

Start from the beginning

Missing punctuation and prepositions, lack of capitalization, comma splices, misused pronouns, unclear referents, odd word choices, incorrect pluralization, repetitive words, phrases, and information, and more didn't necessarily make the narrative hard to follow, but it was distracting.

Total: 12/30

⚔️ OmniKeyo {Season One} by NoughtZer0  (Action/Mature)

Review by KitZimmerman:

Title/Cover: 3/10

Due to the varied nature of what I watch and read, this title wasn't too hard for me to remember despite it being a word constructed by the author.

As someone who dabbles in etymology, I found myself curious about how it was constructed and what it meant other than what I was told later in the blurb.

However, not everyone is me, and there is a risk in using newly constructed words or phrases for many reasons that all boil down to one: they're difficult to market.

The best thing, then, is to consider one's audience and to ensure one's title and cover can stand out above the rest in a sea of content and an amalgam of constructed words/phrases—which leads me to speak to the cover art.

While I appreciate any unique style, what I look for in a cover are eye-catching elements that make me want to read the blurb.

If anything, the stylization for "OmniKeyo" is the cover's strongest feature. What didn't catch my eye was the choice to use black, which drowned out the blue elements.    

Blurb: 3/10

Despite providing the minimum amount of information needed to get started with the story, OmniKeyo's blurb fell short of hooking me in.

If not for some missing details, it was a miss mostly due to awkward reading due to missing commas, incorrect determiner usage, tense inconsistency, a casual contraction, and a lengthy run-on sentence.

With a few more ingredients and a dash of editing, this blurb could one day see the best version of itself.  

Chapter One: 3/10

Just as promised, OmniKeyo's opening chapter reads much like the opening scene to a Shonen anime episode.

Despite how well some of the action flowed together—which was seldom—wordiness, the choice to center each paragraph, the misuse and lack of punctuation, and sudden shifts in points of view sometimes made it a difficult read.

Total: 9/30