“Leo… Leo is the one who helps me up in the mornings,” Takumi admitted, covering his eyes with one hand. Just that motioned appeared to have been a great effort, sweat beading on his forehead. “Elise, please get Leo…”

“Fine,” she said with a pout, more or less oblivious to the tension in the air, “but I still get to be with you for breakfast!” With that the young blonde turned on her heel and left, shutting the door behind her. Takumi’s stomach gave an audible growl at the smell of the food around him and he let out a groan himself. Dammit, why did Ryoma have to show up?

“I can't believe you need help sitting up. I can't believe you let yourself get so- so-“

“You can say it,” Takumi muttered, his small voice cutting off his brother’s angry ranting, “I'm fat. More so than that, I'm… I h-haven't left this room for almost a month. I can only get up with the help of others and it must be repulsive just to be around me.” Tears pricked at his eyes, for a moment stalling the anger which welled up inside of Ryoma.

“How did you let yourself get this big?” He asked, trying to keep from caving and feeling sorry for Takumi. Unless he was being held against his will here, this… all of this had to have been voluntary. Xander would have told him otherwise. They would have refused to let him see Takumi in such a state if it was just some Nohrian curse or trick.

“I liked it…” Takumi admitted, wiping at his eyes with a frown, “I liked being doted upon, being taken care of. I… I fell in love. By the time it got this out of control I couldn't stop, but it's not their fault- it's mine, and-“

Takumi was interrupted by Leo slamming the door open.

“What are you doing here?” He asked tersely to Ryoma, his stance one of someone who was obviously angered, “Why didn't you wait for me in the hall? Brother said-“

“King Xander pointed me in the direction of my brother’s room and said nothing of you needing to accompany me,” Ryoma glared back at Leo with the same icy look he was receiving, not daring to back down, “I would appreciate if you dropped your hostile actions. In Hoshido it is an act of treason to-“

“We aren't in Hoshido,” Leo responded coolly, closing the door behind him before stepping to Takumi’s side, “and in Nohr, insubordination is not taken so kindly to.”

“Leo,” Takumi spoke up, looking at the blond, “please, just let him be angry…”

“Has he made you cry?” Leo looked at Takumi, a hand rising to wipe his eyes, “I knew this would happen. This is why I didn't want him to come. He- you-“ Leo glared at Ryoma, “You have caused your brother nothing but pain, yet you still come here as though you want to help.”

“Whatever I would do with my brother wouldn't have him reduced to such a state that he can't even sit up on his own,” Ryoma hissed back, standing. He wasn't in any sort of armor, but Raijinto was always on his person and the brunet’s hand went towards the hilt of the blade, “Insult me once more and we will see what Nohrian rule has to say about insubordination.”

“Ryoma, please!” Takumi cried out, “would you two just shut up for five seconds? Leo can- can you help me up?” He asked, refusing to look at his brother. While the Nohrian prince remained silent, his fingers glowed a muted green, the same glow appearing around Takumi’s body. While it did not make him weightless, the spell was enough to let Takumi push himself up and lean against the headboard, a sigh escaping his lips and he motioned for the blanket. The magic faded as Leo retrieved it, allowing Takumi to give himself something to cover up with.

“Thank you,” he said, offering Leo a gentle smile, “can you step out for a moment? Just so Ryoma and I can speak?”

“Takumi I don't think that's a great idea,” Leo was stubborn, as he always had been, but another look from the younger prince made him sigh and rub bridge of his nose. “Fine. I will be back once he has left.”