I chortled. "Thanks."

Spider-Man awkwardly looked at me as a few seconds passed by. "Umm, usually people tend to compliment back in this situation but ok..."

Yet another titter escaped my lips. "Okay okay. You're not bad looking either."

Spider-Man made a stop hand gesture and looked away. "Now you just sound forced. It's okay. You don't have to say it." He wiped a fake tear from his cheek.

This just showed how Spider-Man was the younger one among the two of us. He just possessed that image and aura.

I told myself that Spider-Man was merely a "work friend" and nothing else. He thought likewise. We established an agreement about how we were only together and there for each other because of vigilant purposes and nothing else.

But some part of me wanted more than that. I wanted him to know me as Jaehyun, and I wanted to know him as him. I wanted to be friends with him.

Perhaps it was because of loneliness, or the desire of a fellow friendship... because I had none. The other side of my life as a normal citizen wasn't anything special. It was empty and quiet. I had no friends, and practically no family either.

But being Venom and being with Spider-Man was so nice. I liked his company. I just wanted a friend.

Something inside me told me that it would happen. I could see the vision. I could definitely see Spider-Man and I being closer and becoming actual friends in the future perhaps. I'd look forward to it.

Suddenly, the clock tower ahead of us commenced to chime. Its metallic chimes echoed around the city with a catchy melody and completely pierced the silence of the night.

I flinched a bit. I could feel a faint pain piercing through my body. God, I hate loud noises.

"Aw shit!" Spider-Man shrieked. "Goddamn it." I heard him grumble as he commenced putting his mask back on.

I looked at him with wonder. "What is it?"

I saw him pout before he fully masked himself. "I promised my best friend to join him and some of his other friends in the cinemas tonight. I can't ditch him again, I've done that waaaay too many times." He snorted. "Jesus. I'm stopping by my apartment first and fix up. I don't wanna show up with blood on my face."

It was obvious why: Because he was busy being Spider-Man.

It was funny to me how he was willing to cancel most of his plans with his friends to just be Spider-Man and meanwhile I was here, wishing I had company like he did.

I nodded my head, feeling Venom himself commence to mask my face again. "Alright then, I gotta go now too. Gotta check up on someone."

Spider-Man tilted his head to the side. "Eh?" He expressed. "On someone? Who? Girlfriend?"

I could already feel my cheeks burning. I was glad I was masked. "W- What? No... It's nothing or no one..."

Spider-Man took a step closer to me. "Dude!" He exclaimed. "You gotta tell me man. You can't leave me on a cliff hanger-"

"Stop it." I interrupted and shook my hand. "It's nothing I swear. Nothing serious at all. Now go to the cinemas. We both have places to be at."

Disappointed and quite irritated, Spider-Man sighed. I could tell he was probably rolling his eyes behind that mask. "Fine then..."

"See you tomorrow, Spider-Man."

"See ya, Venom!"

And with that, we turned away and parted ways.