7

𝟳: 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

Wordlessly, Mark and I dashed out of the headquarters of Oscorp and ended up on a random rooftop in Manhattan.

We stood side by side at the edge of the rooftop, and took in the breathtaking cityscape spread out below us. Daylight still shined down on the bustling city, creating a warm, cheerful atmosphere. It was peaceful, for sure, but not completely so. - This moment of tranquil, however, was juxtaposed against the tension caused by what happened in Oscorp.

Mark was looking surreptitiously. I could see him from my peripheral.

Mark knew what was happening inside my mind and the cause of it and there was nothing else he wanted to do but comfort me, though he looked reluctant.

"I don't get it..." I mumbled.

Mark reached up and slid off the mask that concealed his features. The dark locks of his hair fell down to frame his face. "What do you mean, Juli?" He asked, he faced me and took a step closer.

I kept gaze out in the sky, unable to look Mark in the eyes. I heaved out and shrugged my lips, finally uttering something out. "Why do they hate me so much?"

Mark watched me in silence, as his heart ached when he saw my display of such vulnerability and pain.

The topic of the public's distaste for the new Venom was a topic I always tried avoiding. Whenever it was brought up, I attempted to swerve it away or use humor to divert the conversation. I had so many emotions and thoughts about it, so many pain and frustration that I had been bottling up. I wanted to spill it all out. I wanted to get it all out. But I couldn't. I was just too insecure to show how sensitive and weak I was about it.

"Juli," Mark started. He shook his head as a sigh slipped out of his mouth. "You heard Donghyuck, people from Oscorp are just weird. Don't listen to them. They don't know anything."

I chewed on my lower lip, attempting not to spill any tears or any words, but I eventually did. "No Mark, just in general too... What am I doing wrong? Ever since I took over this position, I had done nothing but good to the people and this city. Right? I managed to keep them all safe and I managed to get the bad guys... But they still hate me. Why? What am I doing wrong? What is it?"

"Juliane Moon," Mark shook his head. "You're not doing anything wrong. You're doing amazing Juliane, and you know that." He lifted his hand and placed it on my shoulder. "Those imbecilic people are just filled with hate. You can't listen to them, they're as worthless as their hateful words."