1.6

Two weeks had swiftly slipped by, marking the eve of the second match. England had secured a triumphant victory in the initial showdown against Serbia with a commanding 2-0 lead just four days prior.

Jobe had traveled to England for an important match that he couldn't afford to miss a week and a half ago, and he returned just four days ago, the morning of the first match.

Amidst the whirlwind of activities, Luna and Jobe found scarce moments of solitude, often enveloped by the company of others.

Luna, drawn by camaraderie, gravitated towards Sasha and a circle of newfound companions she had bonded with over the weeks: Hazel and Lily. Presently, Luna found herself nestled within the confines of Jadon's room, immersed in lively discourse about the impending clash against Denmark.

Luna took a deep breath, her gaze meeting Jadon's with earnest sincerity. "Jadon," she began, her voice soft but resolute, "I know you might feel like I'm distancing myself from you, but that's not what I want." Luna looked everywhere but his eyes. "I just... I guess I want to be the one to distance myself before you do."

Jadon's brow furrowed in confusion, his eyes searching Luna's for clarification. "What do you mean?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern.

"I mean..." Luna hesitated, struggling to find the right words to express her fears. "I mean, you're going to have a girlfriend soon, and eventually children, and a family of your own," she explained, her voice faltering slightly. "And I don't want to be left behind, Jadon. I don't want to feel like I'm losing you."

Jadon's expression softened as he listened to Luna's heartfelt confession, a pang of guilt tugging at his heart. "Luna, I would never leave you behind," he reassured her, his tone filled with sincerity. "You're my sister, and you'll always be a priority to me, no matter what."

Luna offered him a faint smile, touched by his words. "I know, Jadon," she replied, her voice filled with gratitude. "But things are going to change, and I just... I want us to stay close, you know? I don't want us to drift apart."

Jadon nodded understandingly, reaching out to squeeze Luna's hand in reassurance. "We won't drift apart, Luna," he promised, his gaze meeting hers with unwavering resolve. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what the future holds."

A sense of relief washed over Luna as she looked at her brother, his words offering her the comfort and reassurance she so desperately needed. "Thank you, Jadon," she said softly, a warm smile spreading across her face. "I'm glad we had this talk."

Finally,  Jadon spoke again, his voice tinged with regret. "I miss Mom too, Luna. And I miss the way things used to be."

Tears welled up in Luna's eyes as she nodded in agreement. "I know, Jadon. I know." She paused, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "But maybe... maybe we can find a way to reconnect. To rebuild what we've lost. For dad, for us."

Jadon's gaze met hers, a glimmer of hope flickering in his eyes. "I'd like that," he admitted, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Luna returned his smile, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. "Me too, Jadon. Me too."

As they sat together, Luna and Jadon continued their conversation, the weight of their emotions hanging in the air. For Luna, it was a relief to finally open up to her brother and share her deepest fears and insecurities. And for Jadon, it was a chance to connect with Luna on a deeper level, to reassure her of his unwavering support and love.

For a while, they talked about everything and nothing, reminiscing about old memories and sharing their hopes and dreams for the future. It was a rare moment of vulnerability and honesty between them, a chance to bridge the gap that had formed between them in recent years.