Sadie

Excuse me what?

Millie

Noah

He got hit in the face

With a tennis ball

What wasn't implied?

Sadie

IS HE OKAY?

Mille

Lmao he's fine

Hes just missing two teeth and has a huge bruise on the one side of his face and can't talk nicely

But he's fine 🙂

I almost laughed at the messages. Instead I smiled, holding back laughter. The Spanish teacher noticed this.

"Miss Sink, could you tell me whats funny?"

I looked up at him. "Uh..." I tried searching the board for an answer that he might have written there, but was disappointed to find the whiteboard blank. "Well...-"

"Dont even try with the excuses. Just give me your phone and get back to listening."

I hesitated before reluctantly handing over my phone. And by reluctantly, I mean walking very slowly and having Mr Alcander pull the phone from my hands.

"This is going in my desk." He puts in his drawer and closes it firmly.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes and focus out the window instead of on the teacher.

My mind drifts to the other tasks I have to do this week. I feel like I got the hardest of them, because right now I have to skip a whole period of class and manage to lie to my teacher that I was 'in the bathroom'.

"Mr Alcander?" I raise my hand.

Mr Alcander, who was about to write something on the board, sighed and said, "Yes, what do you want?"

"May I please go to the bathroom?"

"No. Stay seated."

"Sir, are you allowed to refuse letting girls go to the bathroom?"

"Is it important?"

"Yes."

"No."

Dammit. Okay, what do I do?"

"Sir," I started again. "Please may I go to the bathroom. Its very important."

"What is it that you want to do so bad in the bathroom?"

Make a fucking sandwich, what do you think? "Sir, its a girl thing. Can I please go?"

He sighed loudly again. "Fine. Go. Its one less student to deal with, anyway." I smiled and stood up.

As I walked out, Caleb and Max walked out of the Art room, followed by Max's friend, Conan.

"Hey...?" I said to them.

"Sadie!" Caleb exclaimed. "We really need your help."

------------------

~CALEBS POV~

Today's task: Fake an underground cocaine empire.

Does Robinson mean run an empire selling fake cocaine, or fake running an empire? I'm going to go with selling fake cocaine.

Now, where can I get 200 bags of cake flour?

Gaten hasn't been coming to school (I highly doubt he actually takes the duffers seriously) so I don't have that option.

In times where none of us know what to do, we turn to Max for help. Somehow she's the most rational of all of us.

Max wasn't in the Art room, or the Drama room, or the chemistry lab, or sitting at the bleachers.

I opened the door for what could only be the red room for photography students and there she was.

"Fucking christ on a fishstick- Caleb, close the damn door, you're letting in too much light!" She yelled, which reminded me of that scene in Stranger Things where Nancy walks in on Jonathan developing photos.

"You're in photography too?" I asked, still surprised how much she manages to keep on her plate.

"Uh, yeah. But I'm not a camera kind of guy. I just develop some stuff. And you just ruined Jacob Otterson's capture of the hockey team."

"Too bad. I need help."

"Ask Gaten."

"You know where Gaten is?"

"No. What do you need?"

"200 bags of flour."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard. Do you have a plug for flour?"

"No...?" She gave me a strange look, followed by her 'I got an idea' look. "But I know who does."