The nightgown I’m wearing is soft white cotton and falls to my knees. Udyr rushes to my side as I take an unsteady step.

“Quilla you need to take it slow you’ve been unconscious for a long time.”

I stand with Udyr holding me steady.

“How long?”

“A little over four weeks.”

I freeze in his arms, shocked that I just lost weeks of my life and it felt like all I did was blink.

The door to the room opens slowly, “Mr Udyr, do you want some dinner?” An omega walks in and the tray of food in her hands crashes to the floor with a painful clang.

“Luna, thanks the Goddess, I will get the healer,”

“No wait. I want to see Viggo, where is he?” I can’t help feel a bit deflated that he is not here.

“I believe he is back in the Alpha suite, he’s been by your side everyday though.” There is something in her tone that I sense is not right.

“How do I get there from here?” I ask as she follows me out of the room giving me quick directions.

“Quilla please let a healer see you first,” Udyr says as he sees me clutch my belly, where a deep ache begins to throb beneath my pressing palm.

Maybe I should see a healer considering I’m pretty sure I got shot with a sliver bullet, but I have to see Viggo.

Kyra agrees and Udyr’s protests chase me as I rush down the clinic hall.

Out side of the artificially lit space I find myself back in the Castra halls and the darkness throws me as I walk swiftly through. Outside the night is well set and the halls are oddly quiet.

A deep unsettled feeling sweeps through me and ignoring the pain growing in my abdomen I rush through the Castra feeling like an unseen ghost as I take the stairs up to the alpha suite.

By the time I place my hand on the biometric pad and the door opens with a whoosh, I’m almost doubled over with pain, sweat has broken out from my skin.

Viggo’s scent in the suit makes me sob. His heady smoky undertones engulf me as I stagger through.

I gasp as the bedroom door flings open, Viggo’s warning growl cuts short as he sees me leaning against the door frame clutching my belly.

“You left me.” I grumble.

“Fuck, Quilla,” in seconds he’s across the room and my world is finally perfect. The ache in my body magically disappears as I cling to him. He raises me off the floor burying his face in my neck to draw on my scent and I feel his tears on my shoulder and the shake in his body as he sobs.

“Goddess forgive me Quilla. I’m so fucking sorry. I’m so sorry.” He chokes and squeezes me tight, but I have no complaint. Where I am is perfection.

“Just tell me whoever tried to kill me is dead.” I whisper, sinking my fingers into his hair.

“Tarik is mulch for the forest my love and will never bother us again.” There is strain in Viggo’s voice, I hear and fell tension in his body.

“Whats wrong Viggo? I can sense something is off.”

He nods, not pulling away from my name as he walks me into the suite and into our room.

Still on his lap with my body tight against his, my legs wrapped around his waist he sits us on the end of the bed.

I draw back and suck on a breath as I take in his beautiful face. His cheeks are sharper than usual and there are dark circles under his eyes, golden eyes that shine with emotion. I can tell he’s lost some weight and there is fatigue and the scent of lingering sickness in the air.