Chapter 19. Comfort

QUILLA

“Shhh, it’s okay, little pup. I’m here.” Sebastian hums as he carries me up the stairs.

“What’s wrong with her?” Neo gasps flinging their room door open then follows us back inside as Sebastian sits on the edge of the edge of the bed with me tucked into his lap as he gently rocks me back and forth.

“Another panic attack, I don’t know what caused it though, I found her on the stairwell as I was coming up to get you for the pack prayer.”

Neo strokes my hair, “Do you want to talk about what happened, honey?”

I shake my head feeling myself calm as their scents and warmth melt the icy terror in my veins and the cloud of nightmares slowly fades away.

I’ve never had so many attacks in such a short period of time in years. All of a sudden being with wolves, especially after one almost killed me, feels like the worst decision of my life.

A sudden loud, insistent rap at the door jolts me and Sebastian swears.

“Quilla, are you okay? Sebastian, Neo, open the damn door.” Viggo’s deep voice rattles the frame and Neo rises off the bed.

“Fuck.” Neo growls and Sebastian sighs.

“Don’t let him in!” I plead.

“She has to, he’s given an Alpha order,” Sebastian growls low with displeasure.

“How did he know I was here?” I ask Sebastian as Neo opens the door and Viggo strides in, his golden eyes scorching me as he scans me from head to toe.

“You’re my mate, I always know where you are. What happened are you okay?” Viggo answers dropping to one knee in front of me where I still sit enclosed in Sebastian’s arms on his lap.

His heated smoke and leather scent engulfs me and suddenly I feel quite awkward, a nineteen-year-old crying on her papa’s lap.

Sebastian lets me go as I wiggle off, walking around Viggo who reaches out and grabs my wrist stopping me in mid-stride as sparks shoot up my arm.

“I can feel you are upset again, what happened?” I feel the power and order in his question and his surprise is evident when I snatch my hand from his grasp.

“I’m fine, there was no need for you to barge in here. I’m about to get ready for dinner.” My eyes catch my mother’s and she walks across to stand next to me looking at Viggo and Sebastian.

“Yes, Quilla needs to get ready, why don’t you two go ahead, we will meet you at the temple.”

Sebastian stands and heads for the door opening it wide.

Viggo rises off the floor and walks towards me. He reaches upward to rub his knuckles over the center of his chest.

Behind my ribs my chest aches in the exact spot he rubs and I force myself not to reach up myself do the same.

“We have a bond Quilla, you cannot hide from it or from me.”

I toss my head glaring up at my handsome mate.

“A bond you forced on me. Don’t think for one second it entitles you to anything. Now can you leave so I can get ready.”

Viggo’s eyes glow gold and his Lycan surges forward with a low growl of discontent. A shiver runs down my spine at the power radiating from Viggo and for a brief moment I feel myself sway in his direction as Kyra is drawn out.

“Our matebond was given to us by the Moon Goddess. Take some time to think about that Quilla. She chose us as the perfect mates for each other. Talk to your mother about it while you get ready.”