"Should we call the police?" Sandy fretted, "The kid is probably freezing out there!"

"What if something happened?' Tang panicked, a tremble in his voice. Pigsy took his hands when they started to tremble. "What if he's hurt or-or-"

"Tang, shh. We'll find him." Pigsy drew him closer, "He's our kid. He's tough."

Mei was on the verge of ripping out her hair, marching back and forth beside the car as the adults deliberated over their next steps. She clutched her phone tightly, her fingers trembling as she looked down at the screen. She had to keep a steel grip on herself to make sure she didn't shatter the glass.

"I...I knew something was off," She shakes her head, drawing the eyes of the adults. "MK was just being weird today and talking about Bob and I just-" she threw her hands up, "I should have taken him home myself! He zoned out every 5 minutes, clearly he wasn't fit to go home by himself!" she scolded herself, giving one heavy SMACK to her own forehead.

He could have just wandered off somewhere, or snagged by some weirdos! He could be anywhere!

And if he wasn't here, and he wasn't at home... Where was he?!

"Bob?" When Mei heard Tang speak, she turned towards him with a stunned expression. "Mei, who is Bob?" Tang asked. They had never heard that name before.

Mei opened and closed her mouth, realizing the error in bringing this up. She knew MK had never told his family about this stuff. She always thought it was because he was worried he would be looked at differently.

There was a lot she didn't know about his time in the orphanage, but she had always assumed he didn't tell them because he would never risk the idea of his adopted family thinking he was strange.

"It's..." she trailed off, rubbing the back of her neck. "They are someone important to MK. I-I really shouldn't talk about it cause it's personal to him. Wouldn't be right to speak about it for him."

As close as they all were to him, even her, who he openly discussed his Other half with, MK was stubborn and secretive. Too hurt from the past to ever truly open up to someone completely. Even if they all wanted to be that person he could eternally trust...

The adults exchanged confused looks, and while Pigsy wasn't exactly appreciative of the secrets, if it was something important to MK then he wouldn't pry.

"Well, whoever "Bob" is, can wait. For now, we gotta find him." Pigsy concluded.
—————————-

The clock struck 1 AM, finally drawing MK's attention to the time. The events of the night had all melded into a hazy memory for him. His phone continued to vibrate silently, unnoticed by anyone but him - and quickly disregarded by him.

"You gonna get that?" like a bell, the person beside him spoke.

They were both reclined on the soft grass, gazing up at the sky. A second figure lay next to him, their heads side by side as they took in the sight of the stars above. Unfortunately, the city lights made it difficult to see the constellations clearly. Despite this, their eyes remained fixated on the twinkling dots in the sky.

"No," MK says with ease.

He'd spent his entire life going along with the illusion that everything was fine. It was easy to do. To go through the motions of living - the routine activities, the emotional habits he'd developed - with only a vague sense of dissatisfaction and yearning, but never really giving it any thought.

The life he had right now was like a dream. One he thought until just this morning, he was in no rush to step away from. Why leave what he had wanted for so long- family and a place to belong?