Enemies To Lovers: Part 8

Start from the beginning

"Leah?" question, shouting out above the sound of the rain.

She immediately turns to look at me, startled by my sudden presence like she was clearly lost in her thoughts to be aware of her surroundings. Our eyes connect and instantly I'm confirmed of what I thought was true; of course it's her.

I don't manage to get a good look as I'm forced to bring my eyes back on the road quickly to stay focussed, but I stay driving alongside her as she continues to walk, my mind pondering about what the fuck she is doing out here.

"Leah, are you okay?" I shout out, turning my head again to get another glance at her.

She's now looking away from me, continuing to walk at the same pace through the rain that has completely drenched her, but I still manage to notice the make-up on her face that is completely ruined and running down her cheeks.

I brush away my thoughts of concern and opt to make a light hearted comment, still feeling extremely confused by what's going on.

"Are you trying to catch a cold or."

"Leave me alone," she spits out angrily, her eyes still fixated in front.

Well at least I got some words out of her.

"Where are you going?" I question, my eyes darting between her and the road, trying to match the pace she's walking.

She stays silent.

"Williamson ?" I persist.

"I said leave me alone," she snaps back, turning her head to face me again. This time I do get a better look at her eyes and they're bloodshot; she's been crying.

I feel my heart drop slightly in my chest and I force myself to look away from her, trying not to think about how she could've got into this mess.

Leah's been crying? Why?

"It's chucking down with rain," I let out, trying to hide my concern. "You're going to get ill."

"I don't care Russo," she grits out, barely allowing me to finish my sentence. "Just fuck off."

I don't know if she's partly behaving like this because of everything that happened last night, or it's just because of whatever reason she's out walking in the rain like this in the first place, but l'm not just going to leave her here.

"Let me give you a lift?" I respond back after a few moments, completely disregarding what she said. As expected she just gifts me with more silence as I stare into the side of her head. "I'll call Tom to come get you-

"No," she turns her head immediately to look at me.
"Do not do that, don't fucking call him."

I'm slightly taken back by how quickly she turns down the idea, maybe something happened with both of them? Atter a moment I bring my eyes back on the road, contemplating on what to do.

Oh fuck this.

I push down on the accelerator slightly and drive up the road about ten metres in front of her and then pull over, bringing the car to a stop on the side of the road. I then waste no time pulling the door handle and climbing out of the car, pulling my hood up as the rain hits me instantly. I slam the door and walk around the front of my car, stepping onto the pavement to face Leah who has now slowed down her walk, her face filled with confusion.