ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

Speaking of the devil... Charlottes head shot up from a text message she got from her other half.

ALLIE

last seen 18:45

last seen 18:45

OH EM GEE HAHAH
char check out this video
it's a fan edit of you and arthur
*attachment*

The edit was a compilation of a few moments from the football pub golf they were in together and screen recordings of his streams that she was in, accompanied by the song Lover by Taylor Swift. The intro was the cutest clip of one of his streams where he was talking about her when she had just left, a video that she had never even seen. The sound and Arthurs sarcastic voice echoed through her living room.

'Yeah guys, Charlotte's so annoying. All she does is call me a nerd and then, when I tell her I don't want to play Planet Zoo with her on stream, she cries.'

This little video simply melted her heart. That fact that people took time out of their day to make edits of them was too cute for words. But the edit also raised a few questions in her mind. Did people think they were a couple? She could understand why, mainly because they seemed so comfortable with each other and they made each other laugh constantly. But her followers knew that she had been in a relationship with Jack only a year ago and that she took some time off when the ship stranded the way it did. And what if Arthur thought this was weird?

She quickly left a comment to debunk that she actually cried about Planet Zoo when the doorbell rang. She stood up, smoothed out her skirt and let out one last nervous sigh. As the brunette opened the door, her eyes met the blue ones that she had once stared into lovingly.

'Hi.' He said.

'Hi.' Was her response.

♖ ♜ ♖

The restaurant was actually packed, and thankfully they had a reservation, or otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get a table. As they sat down, a girl from another table pointed at Charlotte, clearly recognizing her.

'Still mega famous, I see?' Jack laughed.

'Some things never change.'

'I don't even know where to start, Lottie. I feel like I've missed out on so much since everything ended. And there is so much I feel like telling you.'

This made her smile. She felt his genuine happiness to see her, and it reminded her of how all of the ups between them were.

After they ordered, the topic changed from catching up to talking about Jacks business. A painful point in their year-long relationship, as it put a strain on it. Some time before they had met, he and his dad had started a business that had something to do with marketing.