"Ellie," he began, his voice softer now, "what you did... it wasn't just about the drinks. It was about trust, about knowing when you have gone to far. You put me in a tough spot, and it wasn't fair."

I nodded, acknowledging his words. "You're right, Pierre. I messed up, big time."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "But I also know you. I know you're not a bad person. You just... sometimes make questionable choices and don't think before you do things."

A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "Yeah, that's one way to put it."

Pierre's expression softened a bit more. "Look, Ellie, I'm not saying it's going to be easy to rebuild that trust. But if you're serious about changing, about being better, then... maybe we can work through this."

Relief flooded through me. "Thank you, Pierre. I really mean it. I'll do whatever it takes to make things right."

He nodded, a hint of a smile now playing on his lips. "Good. Because I'd hate to have to avoid you in the paddock forever." He chuckled.

I chuckled with him, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. "Yeah, that wouldn't be ideal."
"Friends again?" I asked.

"Friends again." He answered, stretching out his arms and I gladly accepted the hug.

~

It's quali time and I was back at Ferrari this time in the garage, ready with headphones on, waiting for the cars to take to track.

Five minutes to go.

Charles came up to me as I sat on the bench, holding his helmet. "Good luck out there and be careful." I said handing him the helmet.

"I will, how did it go with Pierre?"

I smiled, "We are friends again."

"Good, would have hated to have to choose between you." He said has he patted my leg and walked towards his car.

~

Charles was on his last flying lap of Q3 and everyone in the garage was biting their nails.

He crossed the line and we waited for what felt like forever, before you could hear his engineer in the headphones. "That's P3, P3." The whole garage erupted in a cheer.

It was only qualifying, but thinking of the reliability of the car being like a roller coaster, a P3 was more than welcome.

~•~~•~

Sunday funday or whatever you call it, it's race day.
Charles and I had a talk last night after quali.
He must have been in a really good mood or he had just hit his head really hard because he said and I quote "if the race goes good, we might go out after."

I couldn't really show my excitement in front of him, because I'm on a path of change, I don't do parties like I used to, that's at least what I told him. To be truthful I couldn't wait to go out and drink my memory away.

Of course that would only happen if the race went good, but I believe in him.

30 minutes until light out.

We were in the garage, Charles deep in preparation with his engineers. I had positioned myself on the same bench as yesterday, hiding away from everyone.

"I'm going out to the car, see you at the checkered flag." Charles said as he walked up to me.

"Good luck, be careful and I will see you for the podium celebration." I clarified, while hugging him.

~

Lap 48, three laps to go.

I was still sat on the bench, but now I were hugging my knees, trying to control my nerves.

"Lando 0.9 behind, he has DRS, 3 laps to go." His engineer sounded in the headphones.

I couldn't look, I pulled my legs up higher to hide behind them.

As I look up, I see the crew running towards the fence and soon enough the whole garage erupts in to chaos.

He had done it, he was on the podium.

Of course I was happy for Charles, but knowing I would finally get to party, was pure happiness.

————————————————————————————

Hi!

A bit later and shorter chapter today. Been struggling all day to write, but here it is, might be some mistakes, just ignore them. :)

Next up party chapter, how fitting that it comes out on a Friday.

As always, please vote, comment and share if you like it.

Don't forget to check out my TikTok: speedyfour.

And I will see you on Friday, enjoy your week.

~ speedy