2

It's weird. This is not the time to keep the doors open, particularly when my dad owns this house.

Soobin lets me in first, then he comes after me. The view is abnormal at first sight, but my eyes grow wide by noticing it is worse. I look down at the ground. All of the flower vases are on the concrete floor, and their dirt is scattered around.

I can't stay still anymore. Something happened here, and I will discover what. I rush to the entry door, but soobin's grasp from my sleeve made me jerk back.

"It is not safe!" He slides out his hand gun from his belt, still holding my sleeve.
"Let go of me. I am aware of what I am doing! " I throw his hands off.

"So let me go first," he pulls me back by my clothes .kinda. If he touches my body, he would be affected by a contagious illness.

He slides out his phone from his black trousers' pocket. I lost mine. I don't remember where.
As he wants it, he goes first. Meantime sending a message to someone. Then he puts his phone back.

We come closer to the entry door, which is broken down. The hallway is small but long as if three people stand next to each other at the same time‌ they won't fit here.
"Wait! " soobin extends his hand to lock my way.
"Why.." I take a look over his shoulder.
My heart drops.
A woman who is on the floor, we only see her upper half of body her waist is on the door's frame.

"Mom!!" I exclaime as I recognize her.

I push soobin aside and rush to her.
Her forehead is covered with dried blood.
She doesn't move. I am shocked I can't move but kneel in front of her.
Soobin crouches down beside me and checks her pulse without hesitation
"I am sorry, but It doesn't beat ," he says simply and gets up to inspect around. He enters the room where my mom's legs extend into it.

He is calm like nothing has happened, but I can't scold him. He has seen myriad dead bodies during the war as I have. I've encountered corpses and casualties in the worst status.

Still.

Darn it!

She is my mother. Her green eyes are open gazing at me. My eyes are locked on her neck, where she got shot. My hand is in the air extended towards her face. Finally, I gather the courage to touch her cold bony cheek subliminally. I go further and manage to close her eyes by brushing my fingers on her eyelids.

Her face reminds me all,pain, get beaten by her and
All bad memories.

Meantime, soobin gets out of the room without uttering any single word and heading to the other adjoining room.

"Hawwa! Come over," soobin calls me as he enters the other room.
I stand up and watch my steps not to put it on my mom's dead body. As I see the floor, it is stained with blood that is obvious someone got dragged on while they were bleeding.
I feel dopey, so I put my palm on the wall, which is painted in purple to keep my balance. I reach the door, which is full of bullet holes.
I head in.

Soobin is holding a girl's head. Her upper body's on soobin's knees, and the rest of her body is on a white hand-made carpet, which is crimson with her blood oozing from her thigh or maybe not. The entire of her legs are bruised and deep scratches.
Her long snarled auburn hair is suspended in the air.
She is wearing a faded-pink satin gown. It's teared from neckline to its belly line. Her bony chest is bare and bruised.
Soobin is looking at me to avert his eyes from her half-naked body.

In a second, I recall all the memories I had with her.
Her small hands when she was a kid her first steps the way she smiled.
My younger sister.

I don't have too many memories with her since I left here very early to live with grandma, but still, we were in touch.