Pulling His Weight

With their third session finished, Y/n, Luna, and his bandmates were packing their things up and were ready for the weekend. Each of the members parts one by one from the club as Y/n and Luna were almost the last to go. They waved to Kenji who does so back and left.

So the couple walked off home, two arms wrapping around one as they strolled slowly towards the train station and caught a ride.

They sat in silence for a bit, sitting side by side with Luna still cuddling next to him so closely as the boy scrolled through social media. Her eyes watches his screen, music, cats, news...

...There's no girls...

A reoccurring trend and there were a lack of girls. If there was, it'd be them making music, expressing the news to everyone, or playing with the cats. She glanced up at the boy who was still fixated on his phone before getting comfortable with her position.

"...Do you wanna go on a date tomorrow?" She breaks the ice as he glanced down at the girl.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah..."

"You know where we're going?"

"Me? What about you?"

"I'll go wherever you want... What's a place you wanted to go?"

Her eyes widens a little when he makes this request. During the past few boyfriends she had, none of them asked for her opinion. Instead, taking her to places where she didn't like mostly and ruining her mood a bit. She likes to try new things but some things aren't for her.

But her picking a spot?

"...Yeah..."

"Where to? When?"

"At the mall... Ten?"

"Sure... I'll be there..."

Luna starts to smile brightly before hugging his arm tighter. She hums happily, her schedule for tomorrow was a day she will definitely look forward to.

"..."

They stayed silent for a bit.

"..."

"...So..." Y/n breaks the silence this time. "...what's your favorite song?"

"Hm?" Luna asked a shrugging Y/n.

"I don't know... I'm not... really good at making conversations... with girls... especially if it's my girlfriend..."

She tilts her head.

"Why's that?"

"Because... you're pretty... and I don't wanna just neglect you when I have such a beauty of a girlfriend next to me..."

For a second her heart fluttered. Such compliments from a first timer who was actually trying so hard to make her happy. They stared at each for a bit.

"...Well... That's a good topic to start..."

Then she smiles softly as she takes her phone out and starts scrolling through it.

"...This one..."

He takes a look at the song.

"'Faith' by Scourge?"

"Mhm!~ Loved it a before, still do~..." she plays a verse that she loved the most. "I feel everything!~ I feel everything from my body to my soul!~ No, no!~ Best part, bass, verse and everything!~" she explains as she asked the same question.

"So many to choose... but..." Y/n trails off as he went to check his phone in his library as well. He finds one that stood out the most and presents it to her. She takes a quick look at it and nods.

"Interesting choice..."

This made Y/n a little curious at her tone.

"You don't like it?"

"No!" She blurted out defensively. "Just... unexpected... I would think you'd like anything but this genre... but the more you know..."

Y/n understood what she meant as he turns back to his phone and smiles.

"I just think it's an interesting song... Great concept, moving lyrics, just something I can relax to or focus..."

"I can see where you're getting at... I should probably listen to more like this..."

"I can recommend you some songs if you like?"

Luna's eyes sparkled. "Really?~"

Y/n nods softly as he sent some songs to her phone and watched as she received three of them for now. On cue, her stop arrives as the two stood up and they hugged each other. "I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n!~"

"Same here, Luna..." he replied back and watched as she gets off the train and walked off home. Y/n watches from the train, the door closes slowly and off it goes to his stop.

"...A date... tomorrow..."

He tugs at his ear to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Because this seems to good to him, his luck wasn't that great.

...Right?

"..."

When he does a hard pull, his alarm goes off.