Ch 1: It's A Perfect Day For A Fish Hunt

In a region far away in Southeast Asia, lies an archipelago island, the Philippines. Deep in the country's capital city, Manila, also lies a Chinese-inspired district, Binondo, teeming with its many residents and its bustling atmosphere.

 Deep in the country's capital city, Manila, also lies a Chinese-inspired district, Binondo, teeming with its many residents and its bustling atmosphere

Its streets are seen to be lined with restaurants, shops, and markets offering a wide range of goods, foods, and services out for display

Its streets are seen to be lined with restaurants, shops, and markets offering a wide range of goods, foods, and services out for display. Among the crowd, is a millennial woman who appears to be of (Y/O/R) descent, and is seen to be meeting up with a man who looks to be roughly around her age and appears to be of Filipino heritage.

“Hi, mahal ko” (Hi, my love) says the man as he embraces his wife

“Hello honey,” the woman says “It’s so great to see you".

"It's so great to see you as well, how have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, but there's one person I can't find to see if they're doing fine as well, which is why I have left this morning to find her and also why I came to you, have you seen our daughter?" 

"Oh, Y/N, well, about that, she told me that she left early to go hunt for some fish".

"Hmm, I see and where is she hunting?"

"At the Agos river."

"Wow, that river's very far, now I see why she left early, but still, she can't just go wandering off on her own without telling me. I'm glad that she asked you, but I'm responsible for her and you are too"

"I understand, Y/N certainly needs to be looked after, and clearly so, but hey, she's just at that age where kids want to be independent and have their own life outside of the house. And you know what, that's not bad, she has to learn more about navigation and the island that she lives in so that she won't get lost and that she'll know what to do. Which is exactly what she needs for when she is going to grow up to be a smart and courageous lady, you see where I'm coming from M/N?"

M/N never really thought of that before and she knew that he was right, Y/N needed to grow up, but at the same time, it occurred to her, that not everybody wants to grow up. Some people don't want to leave behind the life that they had before where everything was more let's say simple for them. "D/N, you're right"