Chapter 3: Close threat (Feelings)

Momonoki had gone to that party just as a formality, but she never thought she would have fun.

Sullivan was a very understanding boss with everyone, as well as being very friendly in general when he didn't show the dark side of him. He always wanted all the teachers to have their fun time after a great job at Babyls, and that night he wasn't going to make an exception. Everyone was going to have a happy time, including serious people like Kalego.

That night, he had invited all the teachers and part of the upper class of the Netherworld to hold a special celebration, according to him to commemorate the anniversary of the creation of the Babyls insignia and the fact that Iruma had ranked up. And once he delivered the invitations, almost everyone went excitedly to Sullivan's mansion. Everyone knew that the reason was a cheap excuse because there were debates about when the badge was made and it was normal that Iruma did achievement every week, but it was a party in which was covered by Sullivan himself. No demon was going to miss a fun time with everything being paid by him.

Among all the guests, there was Momonoki. She wasn't one of the girls who liked to go out too much to parties, but she had gone because many of her close ones had convinced her to go and have a good time, and her grandfather had gone to visit his family's home, so she could feel free to have a small drink. Dressed in elegant and charming clothing, she arrived accompanied by her trustworthy friends and her great prince charming.

The mansion only had certain special decorations, but overall, it was the typical director's mansion. Luxurious, spaced out, full of food and perfectly lit. It was a meeting where some of the 13 crowns and many of the Babyls teachers were present. And there in the middle of everyone, Opera was serving the food with the help of Iruma, thanking the presence of each guest in his home.

Although the place looked normal for a high-ranking party, Momonoki only wanted to be next to Kalego and Raim since she didn't want some stranger to approach her, knowing that not all demons had good intentions with someone at such parties. However, that plan went up in smoke just an hour later, because Opera and Balam dragged Kalego towards them because they wanted to celebrate like old times, while Raim went to dance with some of the guests.

She was surrounded by many people, but she felt alone. There was no one else for her to hang out with, and most of her colleagues were drinking wine or just chatting on some corners, which wasn't much to her taste. So, to distract herself she went to drink something refreshing at the main fountain.

At the fountain, she poured herself some lemonade with ice, which was enough to calm her nerves a little and kill her boredom. She headed to a corner of the table while she looked at the clock occasionally, to see what time Kalego cleared up, because the party wasn't fun without him by her side. She sighed, knowing that she had to wait a long time knowing how Opera and Balam were like with him. After finishing her glass, she turned her body towards the fountain again to pour more lemonade but ended up hitting a demon that had arrived at that place without her realizing it.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't worry." A male voice answered him.

The girl recognized that voice everywhere. It was there that she looked up and a familiar face appeared in front of her, leaving her paralyzed for a few seconds. The demon was paralyzed in the same way because he also knew her.

It was an old friend of her, Corvus. A demon who was her classmate for a good number of years when she was in her times of stress and learning. He had blue hair, black pupils with light blue eyes, black horns, a slim figure and of normal height. He was a master of magic, but he had focused on spells that were taboo and dangerous to cast.

At first glance, he looked like a cold and ruthless demon. However, his personality was very contrary to the dark figure he had. He was a friendly demon and someone who loved to show a positive attitude. Once he realized that it was Momonoki, he hugged her with happiness at seeing his friend again. Momonoki did the same, excited to have met her old friend at that party. It was a reunion after a long time.