Bored

"Ok, kiddo, what do you wanna do?" Said mum.

"It's so boring here," I said, looking at mum with bored eyes.

"I know sweetie, but remember you get to go back in just 2 days!" Mum said looking at me with a 'get over it' face.

"I heard there is a stable just about 20 minutes away," I said.

"Well if you look up the address then maybe you can go over and ride a horse?" Mum said.

"Mum," I said with a dumb expression on my face. "Get real, it's not like we can go to the stables and say 'can I ride one of your horses?' Is it?" I said.

"No, no, I guess not. But it's worth a try." Mum said.

"I have idea!" I said, jumping up from the couch.

"What?" Said mum.

"Let's go for a walk with Charlie and there is a horse around the corner and she needs to be ridden," I said.

"Honey, they won't let just anyone ride their horse and Charlie is a lazy, old dog, he won't wanna lay around waiting for you." Mum said.

"Well we don't have to take Charlie, do we?" I said to mum, grinning.

"Ok, ok, you won," said mum, throwing her hands up in surrender.

"Yes!" I said.

I turned and rushed to the door, but before I could get their, my mum grabbed my arm.

I swung round and looked at her.

"Honey, remember they won't just let you get on their horse and work it for them," said mum.

"Mum, the girl that lives there goes to shady creek senior high school. The school I used to go to before I got the scholarship. Remember?" I said.

"What's her name?" Mum said.

"Elizabeth, but I just call her Lizzy." I said.

"Ok, let's go," said mum.