Cross country

"Okay, Emma you are up first." Said Mrs Roberts.

"Mrs Roberts," I said

"Yes Amy?" She replied

"May I look at my results and Samantha's?" I said

Mrs Roberts looked down at her clipboard. "Amy you got a 98.2 because you have a clear round but was 5 seconds away from the target time set. And Samantha... You got a 87.2 because you knocked a rail and you were too busy concentrating on getting a fast round and you were 17 seconds ahead of the target time set."

Samantha gave me a evil look. I glared right back at her.

"Close your mouth sweetie, you'll catch flies." I said

"What's that suppost to mean?" Said Samantha

"Your shocked because I was like 10 points ahead of you." I said

She laughed and said "we'll see about that,"

I raised my eyebrows.

"Amy,"

"Yes?"

"Your next." Said a man in about his seventies at the judge tent.

I walked Norton to the starting line.

"Oh your marks!" Said the man

"Get set!"

"Go!" A bell rang and Norton sprang into a gallop

"Easy boy, not too fast, the target time set is 5 minutes." I said pulling him up abit. He obeyed.

The first jump, a log, Norton sailed over it.

"That one was the easy one boy, now the hard ones." I said turning him towards a brush fence.

Norton crouched his front legs underneath us, we were one. No one was going to stop us from this freedom. No one. Not even Samantha.

The next jump was a 2 logs made into a oxer. This one was about 1 metre high and the gap between the logs were about 50 cm.

I loosened the reins so Norton could go abit faster. He did. He went into a stride with took half a second. I pulled him back a little "not that fast boy!" I yelled threw the wind.

I leaned forwards as he took off then leaned back in the saddle. The next jumps flew under us, logs, grads logs, coffins until we came to the last jump, a triple oxer 4 feet high. I urges Norton faster.

We came to the jump. It was huge but I knew we could do this we were one.

Norton left the ground and soared over the jump, I threw my hands forwards and body. Then sat back to a perfect landing. I gave him a slappy pat. "Good boy!" I muttered. We galloped back to the start line which was start/finish line. "Four minutes and eighty four seconds!" Said the judge. We got so close! We did it!

-----------------
Here is the next chapter! I got a new iPod! Yay! Okay we'll anyway. Here ya go. Hope you liked it, the next chapter will be dressage... :/ I don't know how I'm gonna go with that cause I don't do dressage lol! I do show jumping and cross country :D