chapter sixteen

trigger warnings:

trigger warnings:

★。/|\。★

CAM'S POINT OF VIEW

THE duo proceeded to make their way down the flight of wooden stairs, down to where George and Annie's rooms were.

"George?" Lockwood called out as the two came to the door of the room; it was widen open, something that rarely happened.

Cam frowned slightly, "Annie? Lucy?" he hadn't heard any form of noise or chatter coming down the stairs, which didn't make much sense considering that the two should have been together, and he would've been able to hear something.

Neither of the boys got a response back.

The two walked in further, observing the room for anything abnormal. Cam looked over his shoulder before glancing at the notes and books spread out messily across the boys bed.

"Where would the three of them be? It's 2am," Cam commented, looking over at the brunette who had found something over at George's unorganised desk.

"We need to find them. Now," Lockwood said without any explanation, exiting the room. Sparing a look at the note on the desk, he frowned at the words, 'the truth lies beyond'.

That couldn't mean anything good.

★。/|\。★

The first place that had come to mind for both boys was that the trio had returned to the cemetery. It would make sense why George would investigate for some sort of clue to link up to the inscription, but it didn't completely add up to why Annie and Lucy would.

The cab ride had been quiet was packed with tension, as was the brisk walk to the entrance of the old church.

"Lockwood and Reese didn't think they're good enough to join you?" Cam heard that whiny voice remark as he and Lockwood reached the church doors, quickly heading inside, "We're right here," Cam commented, catching the group of Fittes agents and the trio off guard.

"Ah!"

"Good evening, inspector," Lockwood said politely as the two made their way over to the trio. Cam stood beside Lucy and Annie, a worried expression on his face, "Are you two alright?" he whispered as the others started chatting. He got a few nods in reply.

"Anthony Lockwood, and a case gone wrong," Inspector Barnes sighed, making Cam almost scoff at his words; that was one way to put it. "Nothing seems to change,"