Lockwood.

Cam shook his head, "No, if there was something dangerous behind that door, then why the hell would anyone live in this house?"

"I can explain," it continued, "But not in this jar. Let me out!" it pleaded to them both, but looking directly at Cam who was closest.

The boy raised an eyebrow in disbelief, "Even if I'm slightly crazy, I'm not an idiot. You can stay in that jar for the rest of anyone's life, thanks,"

"But I've so much to show you both, teach you. Trust me," the skull began to persuade, talking in the sort of tone you'd get from people trying to sell ads at your door.

Cam looked over at Lucy, who was no more impressed by the skull than he was. He thought that it might be best if they silenced it by pulling the lever again. Simply by looking at her emotions, he didn't ask, only acted.

He walked up to the large iron jar, reaching for the lever before staggering back as the ectoplasm glowed brighter, and the skull's expression grew nasty and frightening.

"Where have you been!" it cried out, "Working, at the cemetery," he answered quickly in panic, looking over at Lucy who'd stepped forwards in his direction earlier, "Which cemetery?"

The girl frowned, "Why should that matter to you?"

"You've both been near power," it realised, "What? How do you know that?" the girl asked it.

"Tell me where you've been. Tell me! Death is coming!" the skull screamed at them, it's mouth widening, displaying what was left of the teeth that had once been there. They were hideous and yellow, but they were only small nibs, most of the tooth being rotten away.

"You're demented!" Cam exclaimed as the visitor repeated the statement madly.

"Death is coming!"

"Death is coming!"

"Death is coming!"

"Shut up! Please just shut up!" Lucy shouted as she lurched at the jar, pulling the valve to shut it off.

Cam watched as the ectoplasm calmed down again, and the visitors eyes squinted at them as if they had wronged it.

Cam snapped his head up at the door as he heard the front door shut rather loudly, followed by an unimpressed, loud voice.

"I'm thinking the other's must be home now," he told Lucy, who hummed quietly in response, "You think?"

Another loud voice came from the floor above. Cam had his bets on the fact that Annie and Lockwood had gotten into another disagreement.

"We need to show them this, Cam," Lucy spoke up, referring to the skull.

★。/|\。★

Jar in hand, Cam and Lucy stormed into the library, interrupting whatever the three had been arguing over.