"That was my way of making a great escape from experiencing my one hundredth and one death and attending one more funeral." He smirked. "Now, accept the fact that I'm a beast and this beast would drop you off to your destination."

"Jerk," I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Beast," he corrected with a smirk and a wink.

"Creepy jerk." I grimaced.

His smirk grew and he corrected again, "Sexy beast."

"Ill mannered, pervert and creepy jerk."

"Aren't you getting late, Liana?" he asked, pointing towards the digital watch fixed in his car.

"Beast. You're a stupid, creepy, and opportunist beast," I cried in frustration which he enjoyed.

"Now, it wasn't hard, was it?" He looked smug with that handsome smirk fixed on his face. He seemed to not mind the other adjectives that I had added along.

"Start – the – car," I ordered, stressing on each word and looking at him with narrowed eyes. He pressed his lips in a thin line, closed his eyes as if he was in a daze and opened his eyes in shock. "What are you doing?" I asked incredulously.

"Just attended my one hundredth and one funeral," he answered with a smile.

"Ashton," I hissed even though I wanted to laugh at his unusually peppy behavior today.

He started the car and shuddered dramatically, "Easy there, tiger." Shaking my head at him with a little smile on my face, I observed him. He seemed happier despite of the many imaginary funerals he had attended. He looked younger, with his beard gone. He looked carefree and relaxed. He looked much more handsome and beautiful with that tiny smile on his face.

"Why exactly are you going to your office today?" he asked, putting a break on my observation skills.

Clearing my throat, I averted my gaze from his face to the road ahead. "I have a meeting with Priscilla."

In reply, he just hummed and continued driving the car till we reached there. "Do we have an appointment fixed for the day?" he asked, looking at me with a little frown on his face.

Smiling, I teased him. "Aww, you would miss me if I say 'no', won't you, Ashy?"

He shot me a dead panned look in reply. "I plan to sleep for the rest of the day, that's why I'm asking."

I asked in mock curiosity, "Beasts aren't supposed to be lazy, are they?"

He laughed at my question and mumbled, "I'm many things I'm not supposed to be."

"What?" I pried not getting the hidden meaning behind his words. He shook his head at me and pointed towards the watch, making me jump in haste and open the door. "I'm so late," I whined. He chuckled, and I told him, "We do have a meeting tonight. We are going for a dinner with our next candidate. Be ready by seven."

His reply was a dramatic yawn, which made me chuckle. Smiling slightly, he said, "See you tonight, Liana."

And right there my heart skipped a beat at the way he said my name. Smiling, I replied, "See you tonight, Ashton."

*******

My eyes drifted around my office walls and a slow smile made its way on my face as I took in the words written on the chart papers stuck on the walls - the many love quotes. And for the first time in the last four months, I didn't feel like tearing them apart. In fact, I quite liked them here now.