"...You never cooked without me," Aria said hesitantly. "Honestly you are quite clumsy when it comes to instructions and I won't be there to fix it up."

"Don't worry, Aria!" I say with confidence. "I got this covered. Jambalaya is a simple recipe, I can handle that at least."

"Okay..." Her voice says with doubt. 

"So uhm." I slowly mutter, "What were the ingredients for it again?"

"Oh my goodness Y/N, this is why!" Aria rubs her temples, "Okay I'll tell you but you have to promise me to call me the day before your competition."

"Thank you Aria!" I excitedly took my pen and paper and started writing.

-----------

"Good morning, hell!" I happily pounced around the hotel with an excited smile. Since I need to train for the competition I volunteered to make breakfast for today. It will be the best pancakes they will taste in their entire afterlife!

...

...

Fuck.

A burnt smudge of unidentifiable remains was piled on top of everyone's plate. I stand there realizing how doomed I really was.

"Is this a delicacy from heaven?" Charlie nervously smiles.
"I assure you it is not." Vaggie muttered.

"Oh come on it can't be that bad. Y/N worked hard on making everyone's breakfast, let's dig in!" Charlie uttered before taking a bite of it. Her face scrunched up but then her natural determination gobbled the rest up.

"That was delicious! Now if you will excuse me." Charlie marches to her room and Vaggie follows.

What's even more embarrassing was that Alastor was there, taking pleasure at the events that took place all the while playing with his food.

"It certainly seems like you've doomed yourself in your own deal, Y/N." He laughs while feeding the platter to one of his demonic minions.

"You made a deal with Radio Pants here?" Angel Dust points his fork at Alastor. 

"It's nothing bad, it was just a cooking competition," I replied.

"Ha, then you've certainly dug your own grave on this one." Angel Dust said while holding up the burnt mush closer to me, "I mean look at this. Now I have to go a few blocks down and buy my own breakfast." And just like that Angel left, and Sir Pentuous even tagged along with him.

Alastor sighs before he snaps his fingers. "I do want a challenge in our game Y/N, so I'll be gracious enough to help you in the basics." 

Suddenly we were standing in a nicely decorated kitchen with- of course- blaring amounts of red. "Can you show me how you made the pancakes again? I do want to see how you failed a simple dish that badly."

"Ha, no thank you. Like I'd accept help from you." I took out my notebook and opened to the page where I had listed my ingredients. "Just tell me where I can get these and we'll have a proper battle then."

"Hmm," Alastor leans in close. Not realizing he was basically whispering in my ears. "Let's see."

He took the notebook from my hand when my guard was down. Everything was alright but then he started flipping the pages and landed on the drawing I made of him.

My face exploded in embarrassment and I quickly reached out for my notebook but then he raised it up, far from my reach.

"Now, now, darling." He laughs while shaking the notebook, "Is this supposed to be me?" He pointed to the drawing while I looked up in embarrassment. 

"Like hell would I draw you that's just a random scribble I made when I was bored." I quickly replied.

"You aren't good at cooking, you aren't good at drawing, you should just forfeit and admit the truth to me." He looks up condescendingly before handing the notebook back to me. "But you're right, it can't be me. This drawing is a pure embodiment of an ungraceful tack. I mean just look at how hideous it is." 

He somehow has the magic words to tick me of. "My drawing is horrible now is it??" I replied in anger, "If you ask me, my drawing really captured your lack of grace and hideous face!"

"Ah!" He exclaims, "So you do admit that you drew me."

"I-" Damn it. He got me there. 

"Secretly drawing me?" He teases, "Did you miss me that much while I was away?"

"nO." I strongly denied it. For some reason 'no' was the only thing that I could say. I was at a loss for words. 

He could only do as much as laugh at my flushed expressions. 

"Let me help you make a nice lunch for the hotel today." He offered. I know he only wants to see me mess things up so I ignored him.

"You have to redeem yourself to Charlie and give her a nice meal," Alastor said while putting on an apron.

I stand there contemplating for a while.
"Fine. For Charlie." I took an apron and tied it around my waist.