2 | pleasure to make your acquaintance, your Grace

S1 E1diamond of the first water

S1 E1
diamond of the first water

"OH, NO, NO!" Josie tells one of the maids, who was holding up a lavender colored dress, while Josie walks down the grand stairs in the Bridgerton house. "Daphne shall wear the cream colored one tonight."

The maid nods, and walks away, as Josie turns to the next one.

"Have the footman ready the carriage to a quarter to 8, no late then that." Josie continues, turning to another maid, as they reach the ground and Josie stops. "From tomorrow, callers are to be expected, therefore the house must remain properly cleaned."

The maid nods, and starts to walk away, as Violet walks into the hall.

"Oh, and replace all the dried out flower around the house!" Josies call out to the maid, who had just walked away, who turns and nods her head in understanding.

"Josie, what are you still doing here?" Violet asks her daughter-in-law. "Lady Danbury requested your assistance with her ball's arrangement tonight."

"Oh, yes, I just have to make sure, Daphne's preparations for tonight are perfect-" Josie tells her.

"You needn't work so hard, dearest, everything has been accounted for." Violet tells Josie, leading her towards the front door. "By you."

"But-" Josie tries to argue, as they stop in the doorway.

"No." Violet shakes her head. "You are in desperate requirement of some outside air. Lady Danbury's request for help is the perfect solution to that."

"I do hope you are aware, I will have to carry out duties at the Danbury House also." Josie tells her mother-in-law.

"Yes, however, Lady Danbury is much more persuasive than me at coercing you to take rest in between." Violet tells her daughter-in-law.

"AH, LADY BRIDGERTON!" Lady Danbury greets, a smile on her face. "I was beginning to think you had intentions to decline my request."

"If I could ever do that to you, Lady Danbury." Josie replies, making Lady Danbury smile.