3

5MONTHS BEFORE THE 10th ANNUAL HUNGER GAMES

"Does he know father?" I asked as I watched him raise his eyes. "Yes he's aware." He answered as I nodded. We were on our way to meet my arranged boyfriend. I was more nervous then scared, If you looked closely when I turned to the side, you could see a very tiny bump. My father pulled me out of the academy the moment that he noticed it. It doesn't feel like I'm carrying a child yet, I feel normal even though my mother has placed me in a strict diet in order to keep my child healthy according to her. I wondered what my new boyfriend would think of me.

To him, I was a daughter of his fathers friend, a daughter who had gotten pregnant by her previous boyfriend and now had to raise a child by herself. Part of me felt bad for him. After a few minutes, we arrived at a formal restaurant near the presidential mansion. We got off the car as a worker directed us to a private area of the restaurant, every time I passed by someone I assumed that they were looking at me and already knew that I was pregnant, they probably didn't but I was so paranoid because of my mother.

We walked into a small private dinner room as i hid behind my dad. "This is my daughter, Erica." My father introduced as I peeked out in the side. I notice a man, probably the same age as my father with blond hair and a big beard. Beards were trending in the capital right now but my father hated trends, he called them trains. People hop on then then get off in the same stop. The same stop representing classical capital fashion, natural hair colors and dark toned clothes. "Hello Erica." The man greeted as i smiled. "Hello." I replied.

The man pulled a body from the side as I looked over his shoulder. "This is Maxilian." The man spoke as a blonde boy came next to him. He was tall and skinny but not as skinny as Coriolanus. His eyes were blue and his hair was a golden shade of blond. In that moment I realized, my father wanted to play of my child as Maxilians. If my child came out blond and blue eyed because of Coriolanus, people would assume that it came from Maxilians. "Hello nice to meet your you." He spoke as he held out his hand. "I'm Erica, nice to meet you as well." I replied as I shook his hand.

The dinner lasted an hour, it was mainly my father, Maxilian and his father talking about finance and the business. I zoned out through the whole thing, I knew nothing about finance except that it was money and it made good money. However, the whole dinner I thought that Maxilian was perfect. He was pleasing to the eye, intelligent and successful at such a young age. He was only one year older than me and seemed to be like a respectful guy. My father adored him. Every little that he hated about Coriolanus, Maxilian didn't have.