chapter one

(001) - I WANNA BE YOURS
❝ secrets i have held in my heart ❞

(001) - I WANNA BE YOURS❝ secrets i have held in my heart ❞

today, real madrid held a training session open to the public

today, real madrid held a training session open to the public. a rare opportunity for fans to interact with their favourite players and enjoy an authentic and memorable experience. the event had generated great anticipation, attracting hundreds of people who had eagerly awaited the day, imbued with the palpable excitement in the air.

however, nelly wasn't exactly thrilled about being there. she agreed to attend this open practice because of jude's constant pestering over the last few weeks. to make matters worse, her best friend, sloan, really wanted to go, but she refused to be there alone. so she joined forces with jude to convince nelly. slowly, they became her worst nightmare, and she finally gave in. yet she showed no signs of amusement, only boredom. she yawned repeatedly, hoping this would end quickly so she could go back to bed. the few hours of sleep she'd managed to get weren't helpful.

sloan, on the other hand, was captivated by the action on the pitch, absorbed by every move the players made. one, specifically, caught her eye: number 18, aurélien tchouaméni. nelly followed her gaze, which settled on the frenchman and smiled mischievously.

it was more than obvious that she was attracted to the midfielder. everyone seemed to have noticed, except aurélien. nelly and jude never missed an opportunity to tease sloan about her crush on the frenchman, even though she kept denying it.

in her mind, the game was already over before it started. she preferred to keep her feelings to herself rather than confessing to him. aurélien also explicitly said that he was not interested in anyone at the moment, so if he ever changed his mind, sloan did not think that aurélien would want anything to do with her, so why risk rejection? she decided to stay out of it and watch from afar, suffering silently.

"sloan, if you thought you were being discreet, i can assure you that's not the case at all," remarked nelly, stifling a laugh.

"what are you talking about?" retorted sloan.

"i'm talking about the fact that you're literally staring at aurélien," said nelly, amusement evident in her voice. sloan sighed, but didn't take her eyes off the pitch while her friend struggled to stay awake.

"jeez, when did you sleep? you keep yawning."

nelly was about to reply, but then she heard something that caught her attention. "what's up with bellingham? he's really not at his best today. even i could do better than him." said some girls seated behind nelly. she turned to look at jude, who had just missed a pass from eduardo.

but it was just one of the many mistakes he made in the last hour. jude had missed several passes, missed the goal several times, and the list went on. a whistle finally ended his misery.

"ten minutes break. make good use of them. some need these minutes of rest more than the others," declared ancelotti with a meaningful glance at jude. the young man swallowed, knowing full well why this comment was aimed at him.

eduardo put his arm around the englishman's shoulder, ready to tease him. "is it because your girlfriend's here that you're playing so badly?" he asked.

"guys, he's just really nervous because nelly's sitting in the stands," he added with a smile. jude simply rolled his eyes and pushed him away. he didn't even know why he was playing so badly today.

no, he knew the reason. his mind kept replaying his conversation with nelly from the previous night. her words echoed in his head like a broken record.

"you're such a good friend, jude," that's what she said.

she just wouldn't stop talking about the guy she liked. something snapped inside jude. he hated that feeling. it reminded him of something that had happened when he was 16 and nelly had told him she had a boyfriend. after months of trying to figure out how he felt about her, he was finally ready to confess to her, but his plan failed miserably.

"she's not my girlfriend," jude replied, trying to convince himself just as much as eduardo. "and she never will be," he whispered. a pang struck him when he said those words.

"sure. and i'll be the next president of france!" replied eduardo, but jude wasn't listening any more; his mind was elsewhere.

"i'd love to be her boyfriend, but she likes someone else..." he sighed. "fucking alejandro. he's not even that cute," he thought.

jealousy was weighing on him heavily. nelly talked about him all the time, which only made jude feel worse. the more he heard his name, the more he hated him. was it an extreme reaction? yes, but you need to understand the poor guy.

he pushed those thoughts out of his mind as quickly as they came and shook his head, forcing himself to focus on something else.

"jude, it's your turn to refill the water bottles!" shouted lucas, waving an empty bottle above his head.

usually, jude would have fought back, but today he did nothing. he took all the empty bottles and went inside the sports complex.

------
notes
hey, i'm sorry for the last update, i'll try to be consistent, but i can't promise anything.

i'm going to introduce alejandro a bit more in the next chapters, but if you want to put a face on his name just imagine keith powers.

also, does it bothers you that i wrote in lowercase ? cause i know some people don't like it. so if that's the case, i'll just stop.

okay bye, have a nice day!