✧𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫✧

It was an average night in the city of Gotham

It was an average night in the city of Gotham. Cold, rainy, and with crime flooding the dreary streets.

Sparrow was perched on top of a roof overlooking an alleyway, when she heard screams from a few streets over. They sounded like the screams of a child and the pleading of a women, but she could hear some masculine voices too.

She dashed across the rooftops, jumping from building to building as quickly as possible in the pouring rain. If Alfred knew about this she would get one hell of a scolding.

When she finally reached her destination the screams sounded louder than ever. Sparrow looked over the edge and saw the reason for them.

There in the alley was something Sparrow had witnessed many times before. There were two people backing as far as possible into the corner, as if they wanted the shadows to swallow them whole. It looked like they were mother and son by the way they were holding onto one another.

There was a body on the ground as well, presumably the father to the unfortunate little family. The poor man's neck was mutilated beyond saving. It looked as if a rabid dog had torn into his neck and not let go.

There was one other person in the alley, A man who was standing proudly above the body. He was in a black suit with a white under shirt that was stained with blood. When Sparrow looked up from the man's attire, she realized his shirt wasn't the only thing stained with blood.

His wide smile made it obvious he wasn't trying to hide his murder weapon. His entire mouth and chin was dripping with crimson.

He had been the rabid dog that didn't let go.

What the fuck is wrong with this city.

The man began to walk towards the remaining souls that were hidden in the corner. And Sparrow, leaving her brain on the floor a couple roofs ago, hopped down in front of him.

She was specifically told to not engage in any sort of combat situation tonight. She was out there alone. Bruce had some sort of business thing to attend to, so there was no back up if she needed it.