II

The sun was now shining high above the kingdom as the townspeople were getting on with their daily lives, the castle staff doing the same. Rosemary had just finished giving orders to the current Captains and explaining how they would be away for a small while, putting them in charge.

After that was sorted she waited outside the front of the castle, reins in hand as she patted her mare, Anni, a black Friesian with braids in its mane and tail. She smiled softly as she watched her mother walk down the stairs, holding the arm of her son. "Are you all ready to go mother, have you got everything?" She asked as the staff began to load some cases into the carriage. "Yes love, I have everything, are you ready to leave?" Rosemary nodded and mounted her horse after her mother and brother entered the carriage, they set off with her leading the way as a coachman drove the carriage. The ride to the kingdom was roughly 8 hours hence their early departure.. the ride itself was nice and peaceful, they stopped a couple times to let the royals get out and stretch and to let the horses have a rest and a drink before setting off again, by the time they arrived to Gavaria it was just before tea time and they were starting to approach the gates.
"Right then.. hopefully he's still as hospitable as ever and will let us eat before we start discussing.. I'm starving.." the woman grumbled as she dismounted the mare, handing her to a Gavarian groom before approaching her mother's carriage, helping her out. "I'm sure he will be dear, are you really that hungry?" Her stomach grumbled as the question was asked and she smiled softly in embarrassment, her mother laughing at her.

"Kristen! It's lovely to see you again my dear.." Rosemary watched as a faint blush fell on her mother's cheeks, chuckling quietly and she began walking up the stairs towards the castle entrance. "Your Majesty." She bowed slightly before the King before offering a hand for him to shake, which he firmly took hold of. "Well if it isn't my favourite war strategist, how are you?" She let go of the man's hand and followed him inside as he led the way, watching as castle staff emptied their carriage. "I'm well, thank you.. I hope you are as well." The king nodded before the voice of a young boy boomed. "Shes hungry! She said she's absolutely starving, almost like she's withering away!" The woman shoved her brother with her elbow, scowling at him as he burst into laughter, the king and queen both chuckling. "I'll show you to your rooms and you can settle, you can meet me in the grand hall for dinner when you're ready." Smiled the king, looking at the now, very embarrassed woman. "Thank you.." she grumbled as she was shown to her room, giving a small wave to the king as she entered, shutting the door behind her. She flopped back onto her bed, staring up at the patterned ceiling, her stomach growling as she lay there for a few minutes. "Right.. I should probably sort myself out." She stretched a bit before getting up, opening up her bags and putting on a slightly baggier pair of trousers, ankle boots that the trousers covered, a soft slightly oversized blue jumper, retying her hair up, she checked herself out briefly for leaving and heading to the main hall where she was met by the smell of beautiful food, she forgets just how nice the food is here. "Rosemary!" Her head turned to a familiar young man, a smile painted on his face as he approached her. "Hi Wil" her arm stretched out for him to shake her hand before being pulled into a hug, she forgets how enthusiastic and loving he is. "How was your trip my friend?" He questioned, pulling out her chair for her at the table. "It was okay, thank you, had a couple of stops for some food and water.. we made good time." She nodded at a waiter who poured her some water. "That's good! Well, I believe you'll be here for a little while so no need for you to make that exhausting journey again." The man smiled, chuckling as his father walked out and announced for them to begin eating..

Rosemary and Phil walked to the King's study as they chatted on the way, the woman complimenting the food. "You always enjoy our food Rose, I made sure to put extra dauphinoise potatoes for you." The two chuckled, the man opening the door for them, she sees a large map laid out on a huge table, waiting for her to come and look. "So, do you mind telling me what it is you're after Phil?"
"I'll be honest with you.. Ahuizar haven't been trading as usual, they haven't communicated with us in a while and apparently they are disappearing off other kingdoms trade routes, our kingdom cannot afford that.. the other concern is that villagers have been talking and Ahuizar have stopped allowing travellers, they have shut their doors and there's talk of them declaring war.. we are not prepared, and I needed to talk to someone who knew them well.." the woman nodded along with his words, quite shocked at the king's concerns but didn't express that. "Okay, So what is it you need from me?"
"Our countries are allies.. I wanted to ask what you would think about commuting here every couple of weeks, help train my men, show my some war strategies, what would you do if they declared war on your kingdom.."
"Phil.. I appreciate you calling me here, I have a duty at home to protect my people.. but if you truly think you need me here, then here is where I'll be.. but if you don't mind me asking, what is your general doing to aid you in this?" As if on queue, the door to the study opened and there stood a man.. with braided pink hair, a boned mask covering his face, black trousers, a cream blouse and brown boots.. the woman found herself staring at him for a moment before altering her stance as if to be ready to attack if he were to attack the king..

( Hope you're enjoying! )