My father nodded in acknowledgment and glanced at Derrick, who understood and turned to instruct the guards to hand over their guns and knives, which they always carried with them.

After a formal greeting, Alexander welcomed us inside the mansion. Unlike me, my siblings and parents were excited to explore the huge mansion, which was adorned with elegant interior design that caught the eye. Everything about this place exudes power, authority, and immense wealth.

"It's a great pleasure to meet you, Ms. Emerson," Alexander said, though his smile didn't seem genuine. Returning his greeting with a fake smile, I quickly looked away, not wanting to engage with him any further.

This man gave me the creeps, and I had no intention of dealing with him for anything.

Sitting in the hall on the large sofa, I watched as my father engaged in conversation with Alexander. My eyes wandered, and I noticed Roi entering from the entrance. He was on a call, his long strides displaying his muscular physique in a white shirt and black cargo pants. With the first two buttons of his shirt undone, his chest was partially exposed, adorned with gold and silver chains around his neck. His casual yet attractive gait captivated my attention, making it hard to look away.

As he approached, ending his call and pocketing his phone, his piercing blue eyes locked onto mine. "Here comes Roi," my father remarked upon seeing him.

"Hello, soon-to-be son-in-law," my mother chimed in.

"Hey Roi " my  sister greeted him with an overly sweet (and irritating) tone, attempting to seduce him.

Fortunately, my brother remained silent as always, not one to grovel or impress others.

"Come with me," Roi said, ignoring the others and keeping his gaze fixed on me.

"Huh?" I was taken aback.

"I want to show you around this place. Come with me," he repeated, still holding my gaze.

I glanced at my father for approval, and he nodded, giving me the signal. Standing up, Roi's father reminded us,

"Don't take long; dinner will be starting soon."

Roi took hold of my right hand, sending electric jolts down my spine, and began walking, pulling me along with him.

"Leave my hand," I protested, but he mocked.

"Just  walk with me, or would you prefer me to lift you in my arms?" His mocking tone annoyed the fuck out of me but I waited until we reached the mansion's exit before saying,

"Can you let go of my hand, or would you prefer it broken?"

He stopped in his tracks, loosening his grip and releasing my hand, arching an eyebrow as he remarked, "You've such a wild mouth." 

"And you have such a nasty personality," I retorted. And Before I could blink, he swiftly pinned me against the wall, his strong arms caging me in. Our breaths mingled, my heart thumped against my chest watching him reduce the distance between our lips and his intense gaze bore into mine as he warned, "The next time I hear you disrespect me, it will be your last day on this earth."

His threatening tone and piercing blue eyes instilled fear in me, but I refused to show it.

 "Respect goes both ways. Don't expect me to respect you when you treat me like a piece of furniture," I gritted back. We locked eyes for what felt like an eternity until his phone rang, breaking our standoff. Stepping back he took a long breath as if he was calming himself before  he checked his phone and slipped it into his pocket.

"Okay my Disney Princess, kindly Follow me," was all he said as he walked ahead, and I did.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at the second mansion. Roi nodded at his guards, who left their positions at the main door and returned to their chambers. 

Meanwhile Roi entered a passcode and pushed open the door. "Come inside," he said sternly, and I followed, feeling confused.

As soon as I stepped in, the door behind me closed and locked, and I looked around in awe. I didn't expect Roi's home to be so well-decorated. Instead of the dark, intimidating atmosphere I imagined would suit his mobster personality, the interior was filled with pastel colours and soft white furniture, creating a pleasant and fresh ambiance.

"I thought your place would be as dark as your soul," I remarked sarcastically, but Roi just glared at me. Ignoring his glare, I asked, "So why did you bring me here?"

"You'll find out. Stay here and don't touch anything," he replied seriously before disappearing into a study room.

Sitting on the couch, I glanced around the empty house, wondering how Roi managed without any staff. Does he cook by himself? 

Then i guess, i might have to starve myself after our marriage. 

Roi returned with some papers in his hand and handed them to me. "Read it and sign," he commanded.

Oh the contract!

 I nodded, but when I took the contract papers from him and started flipping the pages , my eyes widened in shock. "Forty-six pages?" I exclaimed, surprised by the length of the document.

What is it ? A book ? 

Who prepares forty-six pages of rules and conditions for a contract ? 

Well Roi Laurent does. 

He shrugged casually before settling on the other couch. "Well, some conditions need to be clearly mentioned,otherwise…" he said, trailing off. "Read, and sign it."

I couldn't believe it. Forty-six pages? It would take me all night to go through it, and we had to join the others for dinner soon. "Okay let’s do one thing I'll take this with me, read and sign it in, then give it back tomorrow," I suggested, feeling relieved at the thought.

But he quickly shut down my idea. "Not happening. This contract stays here, between you and me, within these four walls."

"But it's forty-six pages, and I need time to read all the conditions before signing," I said , pointing out the logic. 

Okay,  it might not take all night, but it would definitely take a few hours to go through the contract. If I'm going to marry him, I can't trust anyone, not even Roi, except this contract. It's like life insurance  for me. I need to be absolutely sure about every single condition before I sign it, and that's going to take at least a few hours.

"That's your problem," he said casually, with a mocking smile. Now I doubt if he deliberately made the contract lengthy to pressure me into signing quickly so that he could later manipulate me into something I don't want to do. 

But I'm not going to let that happen.

"Allow me to take these papers with me for tonight. I assure you I'll keep them safe until tomorrow," I tried, one last time.

But he remained firm. "No, this contract is something very important and dangerous. If anyone ever finds out about it, there will be trouble. So, no matter what, this contract stays in my house only."

Feeling stuck and with no other choice, I asked, "Then what do we do? Do you have any suggestions?"

His response shocked me.

"Spend the night here."

********

Drop some comments peoples.