Chapter 4

Roi Laurent.

Fuck, she got hazel eyes!

She's trouble, no doubt about it.

Gorgeous, graceful, and absolutely tempting trouble.

And I, being the master of masking my emotions, covered my amusement as I instantly pulled away my eyes from her and asked her to take a seat before I turned around to have  a moment with myself so that she doesn’t catch me having a hard time looking away from her.

The moment our eyes met in that room, I knew dealing with her would be a headache from the get-go.

This situation is strange because I've never felt this way about any woman before. But it's annoying because she's the daughter of my enemy, and I don't want to be too easy on her. I had my men gather information about her to make sure she's capable of understanding and trusting the marriage contract before I offer it to her. The surprising thing is, despite being born into a mafia family, she has no criminal record, not even for minor offences like traffic rule breakings.She is harmless unlike her siblings. She seems uninterested in her family's mafia business and doesn't attend many public events. She rarely leaves her home and doesn't have any friends. It all screams something is off. However, she did date a guy from her high school but broke up with him for unknown reasons. Later, she was seen with Jack, who disappeared three days ago.

It doesn't take long for me to realise that her father, Davies, must have caught her secretly meeting and dating a commoner, so he kidnapped Jack and is blackmailing his daughter to marry me. It seems like she's agreeing to this marriage to save her secret boyfriend from her father, and marrying me is the only way she can do that. Now, It seems I have to take care of Jack, the love of her life.

After a formal introduction, I waste no time and directly bring up the contract because I don't have time to entertain her. If only my father hadn't rushed into this marriage agreement, I wouldn't be stuck here explaining it to her. But now, I'm faced with a barrage of questions from a woman who's five feet of dark hair and full lips, and frankly, it's the last thing I need right now.

The way she talks back to me boils my blood. It’s been just a few minutes and  I already can’t tolerate her.

However, my father gave his word to Davies, and I can't go back on that. So I've no choice but to tolerate this woman even though everytime she opened her mouth I wanted to pull out my gun and shoot her. She annoys the fuck out of me.

It's not that I can't disobey; it's just that I have bigger plans. I need my father to trust me fully. Trust is the most important thing in the world of the mafia.

People die to earn that trust, and people die when they lose it.

By agreeing to this marriage, I'm also aiming to dispel the long-running rumours about me being gay. People assume things that fit their narrow mind. Just because I haven’t dated a woman for a long time or had a committed relationship, they write nonsense about me.  But this marriage will shut their mouths once and for all.

It's true that I stopped having one-night stands after a terrible incident in my life. For the past seven years, ever since I became the mafia boss after my father stepped down, I've avoided getting involved with any woman. My main focus has been on shouldering the responsibility that comes with being the mafia boss. While I've always enjoyed and respected being part of the mafia, this sudden marriage agreement is something I hate openly. I desperately want to refuse it, but I have to go through with it anyway. I've learned the hard way that sometimes in life, we have to do things we don't like to achieve certain goals.