Ch 1: Field Trip Issues

It was the night before the 6th graders' field trip to The Met at Yancey Academy

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was the night before the 6th graders' field trip to The Met at Yancey Academy. Almost everyone was fast asleep, Ari knew this for a fact, preparing for the long day ahead. Arabella however, was not one of those kids.

The blonde woke up in a cold sweat after one of her frequent nightmares. The clock on her bedside table illuminated the room with a faint glow, revealing that she had only made it to four in the morning before waking up.

A groan escaped Arabella's mouth as she pushed herself up, deciding to make use of her time. She rolled out of her bed, stumbling over to her desk propped in the corner of the dorm. She pulled open her folder that contained all her drawings and pulled out a fresh piece of paper to recreate what happened in her dream.

Her hand swirled across the paper and she continued like this for what felt like two minutes before she heard a snap. The tip of her pencil had broken off. No big deal, she could always her pencil sharpener.

'I'm such an idiot!' The girl raged in her mind, throwing the pencil on the floor and pushing her chair back. Arabella had left her pencil sharpener in the art room. She swiftly reached for a small box on her desk, grabbing the keys to the art room and a flashlight.

Arabella planned to sneak down for some art supplies to finish her drawing, a routine she often did, just never this late... or early technically. With a final exhale of annoyance, she stepped out of her room to begin her trek.

Arabella grabbed a folded blanket to prop her dorm door open, avoiding noise that might wake her neighbours. Her dorm room, situated at the end of the hall, was where all of the creaky floor boards seemed to be, forcing her to move around like a ninja.

Following her usual path, Arabella eventually reached the art room successfully. She sighed in relief as she collected her art supplies. Now, all she had to do was make it back to her room. That's it.

~

The journey back to her room proved tricker than getting to the art room. As she turned the hall corner, doors closed with a soft thud, and shadows hinted at the presence of a hall supervisor. Thinking quickly, she dodged being seen by slipping into a bathroom.

After around three minutes, Ari cautiously emerged from her hiding spot, quickly returning to her room.

The door made a horrible creaking sound as Arabella closed it. She spun her ring around her finger anxiously, making her way over to her desk to sharpen her pencil, praying the sound wasn't as loud as it seemed.

"I personally think you would make a fantastic secret agent, Ari." A black-haired boy teased, revealing himself to be Ari's best friend.

Startled, Arabella jumped and instinctively threw the unsharpened pencil at Percy. "Perseus Jackson! What the hell are you doing in my dorm?" She whisper-screamed, clenched fists.