|>Under The Curtain<|

Yuji sprints his way down the school's corridor, hoping to stop Junpei Hoshino. Meanwhile, Drake watches from a distant roof with an emotionless look on his face.

Drake: Why's he so invested in this kid's life? He's going to be such a hassle...

Drake considered just using his Domain Expansion and stopping Sukuna from ever becoming a problem, but his Binding Vow technically forbids actions of explicitly malevolent nature regardless of his reasoning. If need be, he could just get rid of the vow. It wasn't outside of his abilities.

Even then, though...

As he went to scan the environment for other threats, a presence makes itself known a few buildings behind him. His expression barely changed, his eyes narrowing.

Drake: Hm? Su- no. It's "Braincase" again. If he's here...

In a flash, Drake spread a Simple Domain across the area he and the enemy were in. All of the sounds of the city around them went dead in an instant.

Drake's Simple Domain manipulates space to create a pocket dimension that mirrors the normal one, providing a battlefield where no innocents can get caught in the wake of battle and trigger the repercussions of his Binding Vow. It limits the range of his capabilities in combat due to the continuous consumption of Cursed Energy, but not super badly.

Drake turns to see the body of a man he used to call friend land on the roof behind him and smile eerily.

???: It's been quite some time, Drake.

Drake: Kenjaku. I'm assuming the Volcano and Transfiguration Curses are your doing. |He says with little emotion in his voice.|

Kenjaku: Only fruits to harvest when the time is right. |His Cursed Energy rises as puddles of low-grade curses manifest.| Now, I know you aren't one to chat. Shall we get to it? Tsukumo won't be here to help you this time.

Drake's Cursed Energy manifests strongly on his lower arms, gaining critical mass around his fists and making a thin layer over his body.

Drake: I don't need Yuki to deal with you.

Low-Grade Curses burst out from the puddles and rush toward Drake in an attempt to overwhelm him, but he throws a simple punch to meet them. The attack makes the Cursed Energy around his fist explode outward, annihilating the low-grades.

He follows by disappearing and reappearing in mid-right hook, landing a hit before Kenjaku can react. The subsequent blast sends him flying to the side, but he recovers almost instantly and goes to summon more Curses. However, there's a slight delay before a massive a massive worm-curse bursts from the street to their side and lunges for Drake, forcing him to blink away and dodge its aggressive advance.

Kenjaku: Did his punch temporarily disrupt my Technique? Between Harrow and Gojo, who's the bigger threat?

Drake dodges another attack from the massive Curse before lunging forward with a powerful burst of Cursed Energy that creates ringed shockwaves, he delivers a titanic arm bar into the worm's neck and cleaves straight through while using the momentum of said movement to transition into a handspring kick which Kenjaku ducks and retaliates with a double palm strike that misses as Drake teleports again and swings a kick to Kenjaku's head that he blocks with his forearm.

A mark of Cursed Energy is left on Kenjaku's arm as Drake disappears and instantly reappears on the roof across from Kenjaku.

Drake: Holding back just because I'm limited by my Simple Domain is insulting, you know.

Kenjaku was quiet for a moment before he began chuckling, that chuckle growing into taunting laughter.

At the same time, the link between Drake and Nanami flashed an intense red. Nanami was in a life-or-death situation.