Babysitting with a Bottle of Wine

Start from the beginning

You led him to the drawing room and took a seat beside little Helen, who already managed to grab a handful of snacks and piled them high on a silver plate on her lap. The giant dark couch seemed to almost engulf the girl's tiny figure.

Dio decided to take the cushioned loveseat chair that was opposite of your's. Taking in his surrounding, he already saw toys and papers in the corner abandoned by Helen when she must've spotted the carriage arriving through the window. Framed monotone photos lined the hallways containing individual moments of the girl and her family with almost all of them looking cheerful ad carefree.

Dio took to focusing his attention on you rather than on the decorations, but when he glanced forward, he saw how the little girl wouldn't stop hungrily stuffing her mouth with food, in the exact same manner as a beggar who found someone's scraps. It was an all-too familiar sight for Dio. This brat grew up filthy rich, with a happy family and everything she could've ever desired at her fingertips. Even then she devours her food with such desperation? She's almost as bad as Jonathan! Neither one would survive a day in the slums of London!

He glared at you and thought, 'Why would she allow such behavior?'

As if you had read his mind, you began to lightly scold her, "Helen, you know as well as I do that with a guest around you must eat with better manners."

"But-" Helen mumbled through a mouth full of cookies.

"My dear, I understand that you're hungry from your diet, but a trait that's essential to any noble person is self-control. It's a lesson that I cannot teach you, rather one you must learn yourself."

"Okay..." She sighed.

You looked at her plate and added, "I'll fetch you a drink, you must must be parched from all those dry cookies! Is there anything you prefer?"

Heken perked up and exclaimed, "Apple juice please, Miss Y/N!"

Dio raised a brow. It was such a peculiar teaching tactic to him- scolding the child so slightly then quickly changing topics. Although strange, the method seemed to work for this girl as he noticed her taking smaller bites of her food.

"I'll have it over quick. Please behave while I'm gone," you said while glancing over both of them. The echoing from the clicks of your heels filled the empty halls until they gradually quieted down to nothing.

Without letting a moment of quiet waste between them, the girl in front of Dio asked, "What are your intentions with Miss Y/n?"

For a moment, he was almost taken aback from the fake eloquence and maturity in her voice. She wasn't as much of a fool as he thought, yet still a child nonetheless. "Didn't you hear Y/n? I'm simply tagging along. Instead of asking questions, you should go back to stuffing your mouth," he said.

"How dare you! You don't know anything about me, you arse! You don't know anything at all!! You're just like all those other persons! Liar!" The child started screaming.

Dio found it comical that her choice of profanity was exactly the same as your's. Either you had taught them to her, or accidentally let them slip out while she was around.

As funny as it was, he wasn't going to bear this child's tantrum any bit longer. This isn't something he had any patience for, especially for a brat like her. He stood up and left his jacket on the sofa's armrest before making his way out the room.

"You're making Miss Y/n be more mean. Leave her alone! You're evil, evil, evil! You can't take her away for me! I won't let you!" Helen cried while stomping and jumping.

At once she ran to her pile of toys on the floor and picked up a wooden alphabet block. Having his back turned to the girl (after having deemed her not a threat), he couldn't see the block chucked at him.