1. saying goodbye

"Gracie!?" I hear my mom calling from downstairs, while I sit on my suitcase trying my best to close it with my whole life packed in there

„What mom?" I respond to her and I hear her footsteps. She appears at my dormframe holding back a laugh as she sees me struggling.
"Problem?" "No... everythings perfect"
She looks amused at me.

"I give up." The damn zipper doesn't want to close. I fell on the floor, too tired to stand up.
"Come on let me help you" my mom says coming towards me.

She opens up my suitcase looking at why it won't close. She laughs "Gracie are you seriously wondering why it doesn't close when you bring all your vinyls with you?"

"But mom I can't live without my music" I say.

"I know darling but don't you have it all on your phone? And remember, when you let these at home, you have more space to buy some more in London!" she suggests.
"Well yeah... you're right" I don't even know on what I would play them because I obviously can't bring my record player... but I'm sure i would've found a solution.

I put my vinyls aside and my suitcase easily closes. "Thank you" I smile relieved.

"Oh and what I wanted to say, we have to leave in half an hour so check if you have everything and get ready. We can't be late" she says but I only see her sad face thinking about me leaving.

I'm also kinda sad and anxious but at the same time happy. I don't even know... I'm a bit confused but when I'm on the plane on my way to London I'll have a lot of time thinking about my feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing at the airport I say my last goodbyes to my family

Gosh I'm a bit dramatic. I'm going to see them at least in four months at Thanksgiving again.

"Don't take drugs or anything! Don't get into a fight and what did I forget... Oh yes don't fall in love, it only makes your life problematic" I listen to my older brother Lucas. He's been talking my ear off the whole day about what I should and not do at the new school.

I laugh inside. As if I would fall in love. That's so not going to happen. I'm just trying to concentrate on school and keeping up my good grades.

I really hope to find some nice friends though. What is even the point of school if I can't gossip and laugh with my friends?

"Lucas did you forget anything on your "What to do and NOT do at boarding school"?" I laugh at him.

"Yes." he hesitates "I'm gonna miss you a lot" He suddenly looks sad.

"Awww Lucas so you really do love me" I hug him.

My little sister Maddie joins us "Gracie don't forget to call me okay?" "Of course I'm going to call you Maddie don't worry"

Looking at all the sad faces on my family I feel really guilty leaving them. But it's for the better. I need a change from everything.

Only my dad doesn't look quite sad. But I don't have the time and the nerves to worry about him now.

I hug them all real thight and I see the tears in my mother and siblings eyes.

"Take care of yourself darling. I love you so much" my mom whispers in my ear as I hug her.

I pull myself away from her. I swear she would hold me forever if she had the chance to.

"I love you too mom" now i also feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Call me when you arrive please" "Of course"

"Departure to London from New York in 20 minutes. I kindly ask all passengers to proceed to boarding"

Lucas speaks up "Okay I think this is your call Gracie"

I let them all go and walk to my plane.

I really hope this was the right choice.

authors note

Soooo this was my first chapter :) please leave some comments what you think and if you want you can leave some wishes about things you would like to see in this book and maybe I'll write it!

Please vote (just klick on the star on the bottom left) it would help me so much <3

Love you